Double Shift Freeze

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SquirrelBoggie, Jun 26, 2018.

1. At our hub UPS halted all double shift because of the Union voting "yes" to strike. Has this happen to any other HUB? and Can UPS do this? and Will we have to start grieving ever second a UPS lies and let a Supervisor work?

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Strike strike strike

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We've come to a handshake agreement. If sups are telling you this is why they are completely full of it and just trying to get people to vote yes.

4. unloady

unloady Active Member

My building prohibits double shifting of any kind.

5. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

Should file anyways if they're working. 8 people went home early today in my building. I documented 4 different supervisors working for multiple periods of time (I walk around a lot doing irregs/small sort/helping belts.) Free 3 hours of pay in addition to my 4+ hours today. I filed enough last week to nearly hit 40 hours for just preload. That doesn't count my 22.5 hours of driving on 2 days either.

6. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

Grieve it. If they say they're not double shifting, they're clearly not exhausting all options.

7. Satuirus2000

Satuirus2000 Member

DS at Worldport has been open to the district for three years now.

8. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Ask them if they are hybrid supervisors.

9. PT Crazy

PT Crazy Active Member

We are so short of people. Double shifting as much as you want! Starting wage is $15. Full time sort manager works all night!

10. Daf

Daf Active Member

File! File! File! Also file for safety reasons if the understaffing causes egress problems.

11. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

poor u u cant make more money

12. Protein Fart

Protein Fart Well-Known Member

When your responsibilities are your own and no longer Mommy and Daddy's you'll understand the concern.

13. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Get used to it.

14. badpal

badpal Active Member

Oh its always prohibited, until they need it.

15. We're all going to file, trying to get people to file on our shift also but they ignore us and rather stay uninformed

16. hehe xd

hehe xd Active Member

not my fault u decided to move out at 18 lol if u were a tactical professional u would know how to manage ur finances

17. Protein Fart

Protein Fart Well-Known Member

A tactical professional? What is this? call of duty?