dow 23000

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
To be blunt, if you are only up 12%, then you may be doing something wrong.
To be blunt, I could say the same for your 33%.

Different people have different investing strategies. Index funds aren’t producing 33% YoY. Judging by your past posts you have some money in Apple, good on you. Telling someone they are doing something wrong by putting money in an index fund vs your single stocks is like comparing apples to walnuts

Btw I’m up over 290% for the year in case you’re wondering.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Different people have different investing strategies. Index funds aren’t producing 33% YoY. Judging by your past posts you have some money in Apple, good on you. Telling someone they are doing something wrong by putting money in a index fund vs your single stocks isnlike comparing apples to walnuts

I recently sold all of my Apple holdings (738 shares) @ $161/share and split those proceeds between the S&P 400 and Russell 2000.

Different people have different investing strategies. Index funds aren’t producing 33% YoY. Judging by your past posts you have some money in Apple, good on you. Telling someone they are doing something wrong by putting money in an index fund vs your single stocks is like comparing apples to walnuts

When the market goes down. That's when you find out how good portfolio is.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

i only do 10 percent, im guessing he is doing at least 25 percent. However anything over a 10 percent return is good

Faceplanted

I recently sold all of my Apple holdings (738 shares) @ $161/share and split those proceeds between the S&P 400 and Russell 2000.
So you are just about to retire... and you threw all of that money into the stock market???? Are you dumb?

At your point in life there should be a huge percentage of prescous metals, bonds and other low risk low yield investments mixed in.

If there is another 9-11 or market crash your retirement just got a huge amount whipped out and your too old to get it back in a decent time frame.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you are just about to retire... and you threw all of that money into the stock market???? Are you dumb?

At your point in life there should be a huge percentage of prescous metals and bonds mixed in.

If there is another 9-11 or market crash your retirement just got a huge amount whipped out and your too old to get it back in a decent time frame.

I am about to retire, which is why I sold all of my Apple holdings and split the proceeds between two more conservative funds. This is primarily why I am up just over 33% YTD.