dow 23000

So you are just about to retire... and you threw all of that money into the stock market???? Are you dumb?

At your point in life there should be a huge percentage of prescous metals, bonds and other low risk low yield investments mixed in.

If there is another 9-11 or market crash your retirement just got a huge amount whipped out and your too old to get it back in a decent time frame.
Precious metals funds haven't done to good the last few years.

Faceplanted

Precious metals funds haven't done to good the last few years.
Because the market has been good. When the market crashes prescous metals usually go up.

I would never tie up all the money he did in the stock market right before retirement. It's one of the dumbest things to do

You take risks young, you get more conservative with investments the closer you get the to retirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because the market has been good. When the market crashes prescous metals usually go up.

I would never tie up all the money he did in the stock market right before retirement. It's one of the dumbest things to do

You take risks young, you get more conservative with investments the closer you get the to retirement.

I will be rolling my 401k over to an EJ account when I retire.

I am confident that the Dow will continue to rise over that time frame.

Faceplanted

Like I said, another 9-11 style terror attack or bigger and in the blink of an eye your retirement will be based on cat food and trailer parks. Terrible idea imo

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Because it's untraceable. You can carry 1mil over country lines and nobody would know. All transactions are viewable ect

Tons of reasons. I made a decent amount on bitcoins this year. I cashed out. A month later the whole China thing happened.
i dont understand how it works, how do you get cash for it

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Probabaly a good thing due to your lack of understanding compound interest.

I seriously can’t get over you telling someone that 10% contributions earning 10% is breaking even.

rickyb

stocks are so high because of stock buy backs.

also the FED printing money has inflated the stock market.

not a good thing. most people own little stocks anyways relative to how many there are.

Faceplanted

i dont understand how it works, how do you get cash for it
you can simple sell the coins and get cash transfers to your account (the Feds will see huge transactions)

You can "buy in" on gambling sites, play with the money a little and cash out. You will receive a check

You can buy gold/silver from certain sites ect

Tons of ways. Crypto currency's are hated by the central bankers and the central bankers always win. I cashed out all my coins after the China thing happened and would not feel comfortable investing any big money at this point in cryptos

They say it's good to have at least two years worth of cash equivalents when you retire

Faceplanted

Thankfully your opinion means very little to me.
You can't even comprehend how ytd return % works compared to % of weekly contributions

A 10% return is not breaking even if you put in 10% of your pay.

Maybe you should listen to people more instead of being a know it all.

I don't know what's a better term to describe it... ignorant or stupid?