dow 27000

Box Ox

Wait? I thought this was Obama's market?

Let's not pretend Trump and China isn't the primary cause of all of this. Folks have realized that the man child is actually willing to destroy his own economy in order to try and outlast Winnie the Pooh and his totalitarian regime.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Let's not pretend Trump and China isn't the primary cause of all of this. Folks have realized that the man child is actually willing to destroy his own economy in order to try and outlast Winnie the Pooh and his totalitarian regime.
Sooner or later we will have a correction. That's what the market does. As for China, I support tariffs, something Democrats used to believe in.

bacha29

Fedex stock hit a new 52 week low. August air freight volume expected to be down double digit percentages.

Box Ox

Sooner or later we will have a correction. That's what the market does. As for China, I support tariffs, something Democrats used to believe in.

Funny you'd say that. Trump's tariffs seem very similar to those imposed on foreign goods by the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930. Smoot, Hawley and President Hoover were all Republicans.

Voters weren't pleased and FDR and the Democrats campaigned on lowering tariffs in 1932. Which they did in 1934 with the Reciprocal Trade Agreements Act after FDR had won the Presidency. Go figure.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Funny you'd say that. Trump's tariffs seem very similar to those imposed on foreign goods by the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act of 1930. Smoot, Hawley and President Hoover were all Republicans.

Voters weren't pleased and FDR and the Democrats campaigned on lowering tariffs in 1932. Which they did in 1934 after FDR had won the Presidency. Go figure.
Equal tariffs seems fair to me.

Last edited: