DOW 30000

It will be fine

dont get caught again, you do this every time it goes down, dont be that girl
Trump has everything under control. He’s a very stable genius. The market reacting poorly to a fear of pandemic will be calmed knowing Trump eliminated all the federal positions responsible for responding to a pandemic.

Box Ox

Trump eliminated all the federal positions responsible for responding to a pandemic.

Trump spent the past 2 years slashing the government agencies responsible for handling the coronavirus outbreak

“Fears of a pandemic come after the Trump administration spent the past several years gutting the very government programs that are tasked with combatting such a crisis.

In 2018, for instance, the CDC cut 80% of its efforts to prevent global disease outbreaks because it was running out of money. Ultimately, the department went from working in 49 countries to just ten.

Here are some other actions the Trump administration undertook to dismantle government spending programs related to fighting the spread of global diseases, according to Foreign Policy:
  • Shutting down the entire global health security unit of the National Security Council.
  • Eliminating the US government's $30-million Complex Crises Fund.
  • Reducing national health spending by $15 billion.
  • Consistently attacking Mark Green, the director of the US Agency for International Development (USAID).”

It will be fine

Trump spent the past 2 years slashing the government agencies responsible for handling the coronavirus outbreak

“Fears of a pandemic come after the Trump administration spent the past several years gutting the very government programs that are tasked with combatting such a crisis.

In 2018, for instance, the CDC cut 80% of its efforts to prevent global disease outbreaks because it was running out of money. Ultimately, the department went from working in 49 countries to just ten.

Here are some other actions the Trump administration undertook to dismantle government spending programs related to fighting the spread of global diseases, according to Foreign Policy:
  • Shutting down the entire global health security unit of the National Security Council.
  • Consistently attacking Mark Green, the director of the US Agency for International Development (USAID).”
Stupid libturd programs. Waste of money. Jesus will save the chosen. Have faith.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I have been dollar cost averaging out of my 401k investments 10% per month into Guaranteed Government Securities with my last deduction last Thursday.
I'm sitting at 50% at the moment ...
... thinking about getting back into the stock market if the DOW hits 26,000 or roughly 10% drop.

Question: Do I just get back into the S&P or try and pick individual stocks?
I have made good returns in the past on 'fear based' drops in stocks in the past.

Delta was one that I made over 20% gain in a weeks time back when a plane crashed in Queens after 9/11.
Delta is down today and trading at a P/E of 7 and down 12% in the last two days.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Fact: The key word is "global".
Fact: Domestic programs have not been cut.
Realistic conjecture: However, due to cuts in global programs may expose the USA
.............................to increased risk of COVED and other diseases impacting the USA.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Trump has everything under control. He’s a very stable genius. The market reacting poorly to a fear of pandemic will be calmed knowing Trump eliminated all the federal positions responsible for responding to a pandemic.
First of all trump is responsible for America not the rest of world, Second we started with 14 cases a month ago and still have 14 cases, we got 30 from some cruise because our administration officals wanted them here trump did not. Third the cdc offical who spoke up today is rod rosensteins sister, go figure. Fourth only liberals are hoping in spreads and kills a bunch of people, it wont but liberals want to, only way they can beat Trump. Fifth you get nowhere by panicking. I would rather be here with it then china. Sixth they will have a cure or suppresor in 3 months.

First of all trump is responsible for America not the rest of world, Second we started with 14 cases a month ago and still have 14 cases, we got 30 from some cruise because our administration officals wanted them here trump did not. Third the cdc offical who spoke up today is rod rosensteins sister, go figure. Fourth only liberals are hoping in spreads and kills a bunch of people, it wont but liberals want to, only way they can beat Trump. Fifth you get nowhere by panicking. I would rather be here with it then china. Sixth they will have a cure or suppresor in 3 months.
You buying some more UPS stock?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
My retirement is too important to ride out 1000 point drops while hoping for the turn around. That line of thinking could go south real fast.
Im only down -0.73% ytd, but keeping an eye on it.