DOW 30000

Non sequitur

So the doctor lady from the cdc who cried wolf today happens to be rod rosensteins sister. Freaking jackass.

It's going to be a v shape recovery so take your Dramamine and strap in.

My retirement is too important to ride out 1000 point drops while hoping for the turn around. That line of thinking could go south real fast.
Im only down -0.73% ytd, but keeping an eye on it.
I can only tell you this. It's very hard to look at your portfolio when these kinda a things happen. Just make a plan and stick with it.

The stock market is on sale.
Buy low, sell high. Ask some of the old timers like @retiredTxfeeder , @oldngray , @rod

How many years before you are going through have to work before you use this money?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm not rethinking anything.
I keep a little cash on the sidelines for things like this
I have been dollar cost averaging out of my 401k investments 10% per month into Guaranteed Government Securities with my last deduction last Thursday.
I'm sitting at 50% at the moment ...
... thinking about getting back into the stock market if the DOW hits 26,000 or roughly 10% drop.

Question: Do I just get back into the S&P or try and pick individual stocks?
I have made good returns in the past on 'fear based' drops in stocks in the past.

Delta was one that I made over 20% gain in a weeks time back when a plane crashed in Queens after 9/11.
Delta is down today and trading at a P/E of 7 and down 12% in the last two days.

Fewer people in the stock market then means a smaller number needed to cause the panic slide.
You probably had more people in the market back then . And you definitely had more companies that offered pension plans and they money was invested in the market.

I can't remember the exact source but individuals holding stocks has went down over the years.