DQ'd From Integrad...

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Failed driver commentary drill (I don't speak like a homicidal robot when I drive) and they said I can't become a driver for a year and that I'll have to go back to integrad if I want to become a driver.
A driver I know says: "I know someone in Chicago(Jeffstreet) that can get you a swing driver job right away."

I'm just wondering if anyone has had these random loop-holes, opportunities to get around these random rules about becoming a driver. I have 10 years part-time seniority and really never want to experience integrad ever again, it was horrible corporate brainwashing not driving school.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
Im sorry but its not that hard. If you fail basic stuff. Your a liability and should not be driving a UPS truck..... not safe...

How is, exclaiming: Eye-lead time->Following distance clear-> Speed limit->Left curb hazardous, left mirror clear, left curb hazardous...Repeat 35 times out loud...basic driving stuff?! Well obviously the left curb is hazardous, why would I have to say that when its understood you never drive into oncoming traffic? What some of you probably don't realize, is that some people get passed easier than others...I had a freaken nutcase who failed me.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
For the record, I also hate that driver drill stuff. For our yearly space and visibility ride I hate when the on road wants me to do that crap. The last 2 rides I had, the ORS did the driver drill himself and didn't ask me to do it thank God. I hear it's even a bigger deal in feeders to do the driver drill, so I guess I better get it down in 15 years lol. I can rattle off 5 seeing habits, 10 point commentary, 8 keys to slips and falls, 5 backing rules, and 8 yard control rules just like the Terminator. But screw the driver drill.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It's not just integrad that makes you do this. My class had to do this and I hated it but played the game. I'm sure this drill made you nervous while you were driving which is what they were probably trying to accomplish. Deep down I'm sure it's also some kind of psychological test as well.

Suck it up and practice in your personal vehicle during the next year. They told us on the first day we had to do this and should practice on our own time if we were struggling. It's not hard to slow down your speech, speak loudly and remember you can't go from side mirror to side mirror for your next move. The rest is just filling time and playing the game.

For the record I have never had to do this in feeders.

Over 70

Im sorry but its not that hard. If you fail basic stuff. Your a liability and should not be driving a UPS truck..... not safe...

The driver commentary is easy. Intersection, curb, mirror clear/dirty over and over.

When it's clean you just say it over and over. I got 65 or something. 45 was the minimum I think.