DQ'd From Integrad...

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Failed driver commentary drill (I don't speak like a homicidal robot when I drive) and they said I can't become a driver for a year and that I'll have to go back to integrad if I want to become a driver.
A driver I know says: "I know someone in Chicago(Jeffstreet) that can get you a swing driver job right away."

I'm just wondering if anyone has had these random loop-holes, opportunities to get around these random rules about becoming a driver. I have 10 years part-time seniority and really never want to experience integrad ever again, it was horrible corporate brainwashing not driving school.
@Bluefootedoobie :Were you going to Integrad for a FT driver bid? If it was for FT driver, you may still be eligible for seasonal swing driver; or with 10 yrs seniority, any type of air driver jobs that might come up. Anyway, first things first, talk to a good shop steward or your business agent ASAP.

opey

no integrad over here.. funny thing is, on the first official safety ride i had after being a driver for about a year, the sup asked me to do the driver drill and i had no idea what he was even talking about lol.. the drill is stupid, honestly if you jsut keep spouting off the same thing over and over ur fine.. basically just dont stop talking. theres almost always hazards on either curb (car, pole, tree, pedestrial, sign, etc) so you can just rotate thru everything and just add the intersections

Nortex

For 2 minute driver drill, if you are in the right lane driving against the curb with no cars parked on the curb is the right CURB a hazard or clear? Wondering since you can't move to the right, wasn't sure. How about right mirror with no other cars around, again you can't move to the right because of the curb so is it hazard or clear?
I am guessing CLEAR but wanted to know before integrad.

thanks

Poop Head

Judge me.
For 2 minute driver drill, if you are in the right lane driving against the curb with no cars parked on the curb is the right CURB a hazard or clear? Wondering since you can't move to the right, wasn't sure. How about right mirror with no other cars around, again you can't move to the right because of the curb so is it hazard or clear?
I am guessing CLEAR but wanted to know before integrad.

thanks
CLOT02290_2_324_2.jpg

Daf

Sounds like bs. They must have one of their pets below you in seniority that they are trying to get to. That's the type of crap they pull here.

business1st

Integrad is military school. Maybe half or less than half of class will pass. Your work ethic or potential means nothing. If a 14 year old girl has great memory and can act as a robot she will pass. You only get 20 minutes of hands on learning then test on Thursday. Waste of time & investment. Just wait on a local class opening where all u need to know is 5 & 10. Go to integrad to become a navy seal

AlliSeeisBrown

As far as I know you can still become a driver within a year. Just because you got DQ'd for FT driver, you can still sign bids for Air or RTD. At least that's how it is in my local.

clean hairy

Integrad is military school. Maybe half or less than half of class will pass. Your work ethic or potential means nothing. If a 14 year old girl has great memory and can act as a robot she will pass. You only get 20 minutes of hands on learning then test on Thursday. Waste of time & investment. Just wait on a local class opening where all u need to know is 5 & 10. Go to integrad to become a trained monkey
fixed it for you

El Correcto

god is dead
Doing the dok and driver drills doesn't bother me anymore. I enjoy rattling it off and correcting the supervisor when they don't say it verbatim.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A pro would have no problem doing both.
It's not natural to verbalize what you see while driving.

The brain can process stuff much much faster silently. People read faster to themselves. Or math faster in their head then saying it aloud. Slowing down the thought process while driving is not a good thing.

And I hate that saying professional driver. It's a catchphrase management uses to try and make us feel like we should do more or better.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Failed driver commentary drill (I don't speak like a homicidal robot when I drive) and they said I can't become a driver for a year and that I'll have to go back to integrad if I want to become a driver.
A driver I know says: "I know someone in Chicago(Jeffstreet) that can get you a swing driver job right away."

I'm just wondering if anyone has had these random loop-holes, opportunities to get around these random rules about becoming a driver. I have 10 years part-time seniority and really never want to experience integrad ever again, it was horrible corporate brainwashing not driving school.

Might have been the
Bluefoot Doobie

That got ya

I dunno...

The brain can process stuff much much faster silently. People read faster to themselves. Or math faster in their head then saying it aloud. Slowing down the thought process while driving is not a good thing.

And I hate that saying professional driver. It's a catchphrase management uses to try and make us feel like we should do more or better.
It also depends on the traffic situation. It's a big difference doing the driver drill on a residential street versus doing it on a 4 lane highway with heavy traffic and merging traffic.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you sing along with radio while driving? How is that any different?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It also depends on the traffic situation. It's a big difference doing the driver drill on a residential street versus doing it on a 4 lane highway with heavy traffic and merging traffic.
And some people just have trouble speaking under pressure.

By no means does that mean they are not seeing and processing hazards