DQ'ed for consistantly poor performance

barnyard

KTM rider
It is in our best interests that drivers that cannot perform are DQd. I hate having the green light of death go on, "Someone needs help, they will not get done." Go in the next day and find out they were 2-3 hours over-allowed. I am not going to go out of my way to help someone that should have been DQd.

Johney

It is in our best interests that drivers that cannot perform are DQd. I hate having the green light of death go on, "Someone needs help, they will not get done." Go in the next day and find out they were 2-3 hours over-allowed. I am not going to go out of my way to help someone that should have been DQd.
We have a few of these guys who slipped through the cracks while EDD was implemented now we all suffer(management too).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
why all the negativity? i've been waiting 7 years for this opportunity, and they are currently looking for a lot of FT/cover drivers, so will be signing up as soon as i can. i went to driver's school twice and passed the 2nd time so i do not see why i can't pass the 2nd time whether it's a year from now for cover or i get that FT position.
Some people just aren't meant to do this job. Slow learners don't do well at this job honestly. I wish you luck but I've only seen one person try multiple times and make it.

UPSGUY72

why all the negativity? i've been waiting 7 years for this opportunity, and they are currently looking for a lot of FT/cover drivers, so will be signing up as soon as i can. i went to driver's school twice and passed the 2nd time so i do not see why i can't pass the 2nd time whether it's a year from now for cover or i get that FT position.

They can DQ'd on the first day if they wanted to...

Since you have been DQ'd your going to most likely be waiting 1 year to be able to get a chance to drive again at least that's the way it is in my area. During that year your going have to make sure to don't get any moving violations and you might be sent back to driving school for a 3rd time.

This job isn't that hard however some people make it hard on themselves by trying to re invent the wheel. That being said this job isn't for everyone no matter how bad you want to be a driver you either have it or you don't the learning curve is pretty steep you have to have the ability to adapt and over come daily. You can't be making the same mistakes over and over, you have to have the ability to learn from them and not do them again apparently you can't.

Good luck next year.

oldngray

nowhere special
If possible get some practice driving a package car (preferably also one with a stick) so you are comfortable driving without needing to think about it. Also, memorize the DOK, After that then you can spend your training days learning the rest of doing the job.

i was a new cover driver and was DQ'ed for not improving on "delivery methods", but only after 17 days, not 30. can this be done? i thought no matter what i would have my 30 days...
When the bid comes up again sign it. In the mean time try and get on for Saturday air driving to get your practice on the truck and board.

brownrod

Do saturday EAM, EAM and shuttles if possible. that will help you prepare for your next try. good luck.

By The Book

i was a new cover driver and was DQ'ed for not improving on "delivery methods", but only after 17 days, not 30. can this be done? i thought no matter what i would have my 30 days...
What part time job do you have now? I had a guy get dq'd like you mentioned. I was in the office 3 days a week with this guy going over the same mistakes over and over. The center manager was giving the guy instructions to which he agreed and I explained step by step but in 2 days we would be talking about it again. Some guys say they can buy can't do what they say. Write down all the things that they talked to you about that needed improvement and work on those. I honestly believe the production or speed was not your only setback. If you are not a preloader I would try to load trucks until you get your next opportunity. In our area if they dq'd you it's 6 months before your next opportunity. If you quit on your own I think it's 2 years.

Dragon

Package Center Manager

You said 17 days, does this include your 5 days at INTEGRAD, if so you had 22 days to qualify. Do as others have said, find out what you messed on and volunteer to work Sat, Exception Air anything to improve on what you learned.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You said 17 days, does this include your 5 days at INTEGRAD, if so you had 22 days to qualify. Do as others have said, find out what you messed on and volunteer to work Sat, Exception Air anything to improve on what you learned.
Uh you're a center manager? Since when does integrad start day one?

It's 30 days on road I thought?

mikeny

Service Provider
i work on the preload, but never loaded before so when i became a cover driver the way the truck was loaded and the HIN was all new to me. and for my center it's a year you have to wait after being DQ'ed. i already do air on saturdays and driving the truck and using the DIAD are not the things i have trouble with. it was mostly finding packages (due to them being out of order, or all over the floor) and area knowledge, although i was getting to know my delivery area a lot better, but they would throw new areas on me which slowed me down.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
i work on the preload, but never loaded before so when i became a cover driver the way the truck was loaded and the HIN was all new to me. and for my center it's a year you have to wait after being DQ'ed. i already do air on saturdays and driving the truck and using the DIAD are not the things i have trouble with. it was mostly finding packages (due to them being out of order, or all over the floor) and area knowledge, although i was getting to know my delivery area a lot better, but they would throw new areas on me which slowed me down.
Then you have a year to learn about HIN #s and truck loading

mikeny

Service Provider

never heard of INTEGRAD before, but 17 days i drove as a cover driver.