DR shipper release

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're not taking care of the customer. You're causing the customer to either come into the counter to retrieve the package the shipper told us to release, or making them wait a day. Release the damn package and go to the next stop.
We are just wasting bandwidth at this point.

Couple years ago we had a horrible snowstorm. One dead end street with about 20 businesses. Every one was closed. Blizzard conditions. I had flowers that I did not DR. The ones that come up DR 1st attempt when you sheet. I got Bitc*ed at the next day for not leaving. They would have been buried in a foot of snow. LOL
Funny you say this. I remember leaving flowers in 2 1/2 feet of snow a few years back on Valentine's day at businesses. They were all very happy that I left them. Most customers couldn't believe we were working. Rofl

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're not taking care of the customer. You're causing the customer to either come into the counter to retrieve the package the shipper told us to release, or making them wait a day. Release the damn package and go to the next stop.

If the business is closed, do you really think they are going to go to the customer counter that day to retrieve a package that they probably don't even know is coming?

I suggest you check your attitude.

Anthonysg0113

One more. You're in the hood at a pretty fishy apt complex. You have a SR pckg but choose to tag the door and get it signed in the office. Still wrong for not releasing at the door?
You can do that but you're just putting more work on you than you need to.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1443729049.967943.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If the business is closed, do you really think they are going to go to the customer counter that day to retrieve a package that they probably don't even know is coming?
Yeah actually. We have customers who specifically get shipper release so they can have their stuff before they open. I've gotten bit** out several times by angry customers asking why the driver didn't leave it.
I suggest you check your attitude.
Oh yeah? Or else what?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a bid route for 3 years. Try again

Suppose you owned a newsstand on one of the busier streets on your route. You are open from 7am-5pm. How would you feel if you came to work tomorrow morning and you found a package sitting outside of your locked front door?

Sometimes doing the right thing means not following the rules.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Suppose you owned a newsstand on one of the busier streets on your route. You are open from 7am-5pm. How would you feel if you came to work tomorrow morning and you found a package sitting outside of your locked front door?

Sometimes doing the right thing means not following the rules.
If it's sitting there who cares? I got it.