DR shipper release

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nope. You are misdelivering that package that way. As I said before you might as well toss it in a dumpster since you aren't leaving it at the consignee's delivery location. Some places you might not be able to get within half a mile or more uf where you need to go.

"Can leave" is not "required to leave".
Required to leave is exactly what we were all told at the pcm when the service came out.

oldngray

nowhere special
Have you ever even seen a shipper release package?

Yep. And not delivered them some days either. If you over ride the release you get a screen asking why and telling you the procedure to follow for the send again.

And for not DR'ing a residential stop that is a different issue but normal DR's are at the discretion of the driver and he never has to leave any if he doesn't think it would be safe.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you have 10 packages for a company that is a known closed and 1 is a shipper release, and that company uses a central receiving that logs in every package delivered there, are you saying leave that 1 package? Even if you can't even get to the delivery point for that closed business?
If a package come through as a known closed and its a shipper release we send it out to be delivered. It won't go into the known closed pile.

worldwide

I don't see them on a daily basis. I take care of the customer that I see on a daily basis and would feel like crap trying to explain why I left their package(s) outside of their closed business.

You don't have to explain - the shipper (the one that paid UPS to deliver the package the way they wanted it delivered) made the decision to use Shipper Release. If the receiver has an issue with it, they should talk to the shipper - the one that paid UPS.

From ups.com

These terms of service apply to Shipper Release:
  • UPS will make only one delivery attempt.
  • UPS will not obtain a signature upon delivery.
  • A UPS delivery record will be conclusive proof of delivery.
  • The shipper accepts liability for any loss or damage to the package after delivery.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Did you at least use your ATM card and put them inside?

Dave, you have to remember that many of us don't live in as an enlightened and progressive area as you do in the BOG.

Not every bank has an ATM lobby.

And, keep in mind, some crooks have ATM cards. What would stop them from just waltzing into the lobby and taking the packages you left?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dave, you have to remember that many of us don't live in as an enlightened and progressive area as you do in the BOG.

And, keep in mind, some crooks have ATM cards. What would stop them from just waltzing into the lobby and taking the packages you left?

He said he left 15 pkgs outside of a closed bank.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I've never even heard of an atm lobby.

Ms.PacMan

I leave all shipper release packages. Meds that need refrigeration outside of a Drs office that's closed Fri and a Lands End pkg on Christmas Eve outside of a closed business are two of my most memorable. The Drs office was not happy but guess what - those meds don't come shipper release anymore.

We were told that the shipper and customer are all adults and we were not to second guess the delivery method they chose.

I warn my customers now if I see a pkg designated shipper release - so they know what it means and how it may effect them in the future.

9.5 everyday

The customer is the shipper, not the consignee.

You'd be wise to remember that. They pay for "X". You provide them with "X".

Not what you "think" the shipper might like. Not what you "think" the consignee might like.

X. That is all.
X marks the spot where I drop that box, using proper methods, right in front of their closed sign.