Dreams- nightmares?

rod

Retired 22 years
I did a search and discovered it has been awhile since there has been a dissusion on UPS dreams (nightmares) that you have. Even after being retired for 7+ years I still have the old "can't get done delivering" nightmare once in awhile. I'm sure it is triggered by spending time on the Brown Cafe. In fact a few nights ago in my dream I was hooking up doubles as a feeder driver. Every time I got one hooked up there was another traiiler to add. I never drove feeders but in this dream I was pretty good at it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hehehe Rod. In my dreams I am all the time behind. What causes the nightmare is the knowledge that if I do what the sup told me to, I can get fired. If I dont, I can get fired.

Interesting though to note, I cant ever remember delivering without a uniform. But yet in my dreams............sorry, not a pretty picture.

Lucky for me though, the dreams are spaced far enough apart to where it really does not affect me much. But used to have them at least every other night.

What does it really mean??????

d

705red

Browncafe Steward
I did a search and discovered it has been awhile since there has been a dissusion on UPS dreams (nightmares) that you have. Even after being retired for 7+ years I still have the old "can't get done delivering" nightmare once in awhile. I'm sure it is triggered by spending time on the Brown Cafe. In fact a few nights ago in my dream I was hooking up doubles as a feeder driver. Every time I got one hooked up there was another traiiler to add. I never drove feeders but in this dream I was pretty good at it.
Thats a great thing about dreams! They belong to us! So go ahead and make it as big as you need to in la la land! lol

The only dreams I have about UPS anymore are about being retired and wearing a button down collar denim shirt and everyone I see asks me something about UPS. I usually get really mad.

raceanoncr

In fact a few nights ago in my dream I was hooking up doubles as a feeder driver. Every time I got one hooked up there was another traiiler to add. .

Sounds like our current dispatch. You get one hooked up, oh, wait, unhook and hook THIS one up. Done. OK, now break apart THAT set and put THIS one on front, oh, wait, put that on back, oh, wait, put that on the fence and take THIS one.

Stop on the ramp at xyz mile marker and hand off this NDA that WE forgot about and hand deliver to someone waiting there. OK, ramp here, body is not. Call dispatch, "Oh, I forgot to call someone, take it 200 miles to next hub and we'll upgrade it and fly it to Louky again". But...won't it be late? No matter, it's outta our hands.

Rod, we're LIVING the nightmare NOW!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hehehe Rod. In my dreams I am all the time behind. What causes the nightmare is the knowledge that if I do what the sup told me to, I can get fired. If I dont, I can get fired.
What does it really mean??????

d
That's funny, I have this dream everyday. There is something wrong with this! Hmmmmmmm:happy-very:

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Let's talk nightmare's.
On the 18 Aug 08,get a call from wife need to come home. (Dad dying from lung, and liver cancer ). Dad passes on 19th, Viewing on 21th, surprised to see my manager and day supervisor there. Funeral 22 my immediate night sup at funeral after working all night. 24th Aug go back to work. My fellow co worker gave condolences, conversation continues w/ issues w/various package cars and repair possibilities, and policy changes implemented during my absence. 25th Aug go to work all management team offers condolences. 2 Hours later called to office and terminated pending investigation for dishonesty.. it seems UPS had put a camera in the ceiling and was watching the other fellow..UPS has been riding him pretty hard for the past year..and want him gone at any cost.
Well we were on video talking for 26 Min's. During the local hearing labor man..anger.. (un intended) slams her hands down and yells this ****ing meeting is over and storms out of the hearing.
Well have to go to panel in Sept drive to Nashville, tn. case deadlocks.
Deadlock hearing was heard on Nov in Gatlinburg, Tn case kick back due to point of order Ups failed to provide paperwork requested.
Jan 09 Drive back to Nashville, TN again for the deadlock hearing.
Deadlocked again and headed to an arbitration.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
24th Aug go back to work. My fellow co worker gave condolences, conversation continues w/ issues w/various package cars and repair possibilities, and policy changes implemented during my absence. 25th Aug go to work all management team offers condolences. 2 Hours later called to office and terminated pending investigation for dishonesty.. it seems UPS had put a camera in the ceiling and was watching the other fellow..UPS has been riding him pretty hard for the past year..and want him gone at any cost.
Well we were on video talking for 26 Min's.
I am assuming that your co-worker is the one they were after? And this co-worker was the one talking to you for the 26 minutes?

One question.......were you on the clock?

d

dillweed

Honest - last week had one of being at the unload and, instead of trailers backing up, there were huge dump trucks. They backed up and dumped the pkgs down large chutes. Duck and run!

Fnix

Being preload I dont get enough sleep to get into a deep sleep and dream. I dream only on Fridays and Saturdays.

Worry not folks, this happens to all of us. I used to build pools. I used to wake up in a full panic wondering if I turned off the water or turned the gas back on.

I think it has to be how much concious time we spend at work.

retired2000

as i have said before 9 years retired and still having nightmares about the job. i still wonder if we can file for some kind of comp.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Yes, the time in question is during our daily pcm.
\

Something aint right. A 26 minute PCM caught on tape, with you talkin to the buy they want to fire for the whole 26 minutes? And that is dishonest?

Only if you were on the clock suposed to be doin somethin else, but instead you were talkin to the other guy.

Somethin in this story stinks.

Of course unless you were the guy they were going to fire.......

d

Ms.PacMan

I've only had one dream about UPS. A nightmare really.

I dreamed they set up cots and we had to stay at the center for the duration of peak season. :scared:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Had many UPS related dreams. I once went to my center manager to complain of a pay shortage. When he asked me the nature of the shortage I explained that I had spent one whole night the previous week dreaming about the job and was seeking my hourly rate times eight. I yawned and he laughed. Needless to say I didn't see a dime.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I have a dream about getting back to the center late. Then open bulk head door and the truck is still full of deliveries. I usually wake up in a sweat and I'm afraid to go back to sleep because I will have to go out and finish.:sad-very: