Dress Code Question

pretender

I'm sorry for what you have gone through. With that being said, I still think it was a dumb question. Anyone your age should absolutely know what kind of things to do or not to do in an interview. Always dress to impress and if you think that is dumb, then maybe it's time to stay home.

For anyone that thinks I'm catty, well that is fine. FYI, I was a driver helper last year and I'm older than OP. I don't care what kind of job I interviewed for, I would make sure I looked respectable, because the first impression is with the eyes.

Common sense!

rod

Retired 22 years
I've been called a lot of things Cach...but I'm a few years away from being an old fart! lol

While we are on this subject---what is the correct age where one could be considered an old fart? I remember as a teenager I considered anyone over 30 ancient.

While we are on this subject---what is the correct age where one could be considered an old fart? I remember as a teenager I considered anyone over 30 ancient.

If you have to think twice before you let one out to prevent a accident then you're officially an old fart.

If you do the fantasy math about having sex with someone half your age and that person is old enough to no longer be sexually attractive then you're an old fart.

BrownChoice

When i was first hired as a driver helper, i was 19 and had hair to my shoulders, they still hired me, plus j had facial hair. Nothing was ever said and they hired me on permanent 2 months later.. So dont give up hope!! I would try to hide it just to be safe..

If you like hard work and have a great work ethic thats what counts. If you work really hard and are not dumb as rocks, they will most likely need you to help.. They can get pretty desperate, just dont quit after the first day please... I ran to every door and back and worked all the way through the 24th december.
I will say that i was easy on the eyes and the HR woman was pretty fine...i like to think there was some kind of attraction there which may have helped me out... I can dream, right!?

Good luck!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My helper last year had a beard, dreadlocks, and neck tattoos, so I don't think appearance standards are important anymore. A stripe of pink hair is nothing, good luck at getting the job.

And the way that people treat each other on this board is not the same as how employees act at work. Most are here to entertain themselves, I wouldn't take most of these posts seriously.

upschuck

This wasn't a dumb question. If this is the way that people from ups treat each other, I'd rather not even interview. Thanks for the heads up.

Most people here like to go off on tangents. It is like a family, you have your favorites, and the ones that are not. Its normally all in good fun though, H.

As to the pink hair, my centers usually need anybody that will commit to showing up when needed, so you should be fine.

I bet the hair is a good conversation starter. I had a buddy who for holloween tried to dye his hair dark brown to be a younger version of himself, but his hair turn purple, and it wouldn't wash out. All the kids thought he was cool.

Notcool

Man the responses on here from straight jerks. UPS looks the other way when it comes to tattoos/facial hair for certain people. If you are an attractive female with a pink stripe in your hair you wont have a problem. Just put your hair back best you can to hide it. And yeah this is typical UPS treatment. FTers and management have chips on their shoulders and treat temps and pters like sht. Its no place for the easily offended. Anyway good luck