driver 30 days

mainebrown

i have a question, i finished my 30 days on monday, but it doesn't seem to be official. I was the one who had to tell them i had my 30 days done, the center sup never hopped on car with me, and told me that he was satified with the numbers i produced. did i make senority? dont i have to sign stuff? thanks

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Anyone starting after Oct 1st is in the free period.
The 30 day window begins on Dec 26, 2007
Your best course of action is to keep your mouth shut.
Never let them know about your status, wait until you are well passed the 30 day mark before telling them.
But be warned, if you are given a day off the counting is reset to zero.

Big Babooba

ibelieve the free period may have messed up your 30 days
It might have. If you started between Oct 1 & Dec 31 in our supplement, you are considered to be a Christmas free period employee and do not obtain seniority. If you are called back within 60 days after Jan 1 you get seniority back to your date of hire.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

i have a question, i finished my 30 days on monday, but it doesn't seem to be official. I was the one who had to tell them i had my 30 days done, the center sup never hopped on car with me, and told me that he was satified with the numbers i produced. did i make senority? dont i have to sign stuff? thanks

Did you finish 30 days, or 30 WORK days?

VTBrown

Your assuming he was a seasonal to begin with, if he signed a bid I don't think the "free" period has anything to do with current union UPSers going from part-time to full-time.

mainebrown

i passed my 30 working days, i got seniority......you can be given a day off and it wont restart to zero, like one guy said. So, you can work 3 days a week, but once you get your 30th day done your golden.

HazMatMan

ibelieve the free period may have messed up your 30 days

I agree. Don't know how your "free period" works where you are, here it starts Oct 15, and ends Dec 25. During this time no time worked counts
towards seniority. Under the new contract the free period will be extended even longer.

VTBrown

I agree. Don't know how your "free period" works where you are, here it starts Oct 15, and ends Dec 25. During this time no time worked counts
towards seniority. Under the new contract the free period will be extended even longer.

I signed my bid as an outside seasonal, 9/29/03 - I made my 30 days, 30 working days after that.