Driver accused of theft..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Signed a package for a customer as he requested the day before, after doing so the package ends up missing and being worth around 12k.

ermey.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why sign for anything? The customer could have left a signed delivery note, or could have electronically signed? If a high value, the diad won't let you do anything but get a signature, so if you did that, good luck!
tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Lesson learned. Just hoping I don’t get the axe.

Had this happen to me one time. Customer left a note, thought I was being nice, package not identified as high value. Was on the hook for over 2G. Had fifty bucks deducted a week from my paycheck to pay it back. We all make mistakes, if you get your job back, help others not make the same mistake. NEVER sign for anything.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
When I was still doing this crap it would have been in the board. And my building was so freaked by HV's you were also required to get a real signature on a paper form in addition to the digital signature on the diad.
Huge pain in the ass.
Had a customer that would get 10 to 15 HV pkgs a day.
It sucked....I got paid by the hour so I didn't care. Keeping track of the paperwork sucked.

old levi's

blank space
Had this happen to me one time. Customer left a note, thought I was being nice, package not identified as high value. Was on the hook for over 2G. Had fifty bucks deducted a week from my paycheck to pay it back. We all make mistakes, if you get your job back, help others not make the same mistake. NEVER sign for anything.

Your guy claimed he didn't get the package?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Your guy claimed he didn't get the package?
Yep. Left a note asking for package to be left, then provided a photo of a not to LP asking for package to not be left. Who leaves a note to not leave a package? Like I said, I was an inexperienced driver and learned the hard way.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Sounds like a comedy of errors..first of all was the package in question insured for 12G that is easy to verify from the billing invoice and why was it not tagged by the HV clerk from the get go? Second question is what was in the package (jewelry, firearm) and was it coded as required signature request? Third question who brought the concern the shipper or the consignee and was it a established account or one of those fly by night E-bay transactions?

Just from the limited information that you provided it appears that you are a new driver, did you have the proper training to identify what a HV, signature request package looks like.

Lesson and moral of the story never rely on the appearance of the person that you are doing a so called favor for, high end people can lie with the best of them.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
5EFC80A1-1ED8-49A6-BE9F-A4BD73F55B48.gif