Driver accused of theft..

Andwhett

Signed a package for a customer as he requested the day before, after doing so the package ends up missing and being worth around 12k. No it wasn’t placed in high value and the customer usually meets me on road to sign for his packages. This is a high end neighborhood and is not a busy street. I don’t have proof of the request and after the meeting with loss prevention and after making my statement. I was notified that I am suspended, pending investigation. This happened on a Thursday and am being told to return next week for a meeting.

Note* I am a scratch driver and I make bonus about 3 days a week.

I’m basically trying to see what to prepare for, what the possible outcomes are other than termination if any.

Overpaid Union Thug

Signed a package for a customer as he requested the day before, after doing so the package ends up missing and being worth around 12k. No it wasn’t placed in high value and the customer usually meets me on road to sign for his packages. This is a high end neighborhood and is not a busy street. I don’t have proof of the request and after the meeting with loss prevention and after making my statement. I was notified that I am suspended, pending investigation. This happened on a Thursday and am being told to return next week for a meeting.

I’m basically trying to see what to prepare for, what the possible outcomes are other than termination if any.

#bonusbaby

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Do you believe being a scratch driver carries any weight when they want to fire you to make you an example for other drivers? Not in the least. Signing for a package is an idiotic thing to do. Dishonesty is a cardinal sin. If you get your job back, spend your next paycheck entirely on powerball tickets.

Star B

White Lightening
Do you believe being a scratch driver carries any weight when they want to fire you to make you an example for other drivers? Not in the least. Signing for a package is an idiotic thing to do. Dishonesty is a cardinal sin. If you get your job back, spend your next paycheck entirely on powerball tickets.

Falsification on a 100 dollar package MIGHT be saved by being the Centers Bonus Scratch Baby. Falsification on a 12k package, bye Felicia!

iruhnman630

Never, I repeat never, sign a customers name.

It is a crime to forge a legal document!

Our building has seen 2 terminations stick because of this.

Good luck, and get a lawyer.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

Did you have any representation with you when you admitted this?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

When you get fired, go camp out in front of the customer's house, tell him you're his responsibility now. It'll be even better if you have small children to haul along with you (ask relatives if you don't have any of your own). I bet that $12k item will suddenly appear...

Seriously though, why would you think a customer's request allows you to ignore the rules? Even if you could prove the customer requested it, it would do you no good.

Repeat after me:

"I'm sorry, I can't do that for you."

I have heard of people getting their job back after falsifying signatures, but not something that high in value. I would start by asking for proof of the value of the item. Many people who live in nice neighborhoods are "fake rich", and living above their means. Sounds kinda fishy that this person would vary from their regular routine of meeting you on route, ask you to do something illegal by signing for them for a package that he knows is so valuable, but the value was not declared, nor insured. You know UPS won't be paying out a claim like that without proof. Just something to think about, don't know if it'll help anything.