DRIVER CHARGED

oldngray

nowhere special
this driver is out of a center very close to mine, rumor has it he was almost back to the center , he almost made it!
missed it.gif

Box Ox

Many understand but just can’t stop
And even after stopping most will relapse. It sucks. It’s a drug you can try once and be hooked on for life after that.

Yep. Tough for the family, because no matter how "OK" they might seem, they'll always relapse until they commit to a serious treatment program. Doesn't matter if they say they're over it and just landed a $100K/year job. The addiction is too strong and it'll all be thrown away again. But you can't make them do anything as an adult.

You'll keep getting calls in the middle of the night that they've landed in the ER. Or maybe even that they're dead. Gotta eventually cut the rope so they don't drag you down and accept that the call could come at any time.

F

Frankie's Friend

You'll keep getting calls in the middle of the night that they've landed in the ER. Or maybe even that they're dead. Gotta eventually cut the rope so they don't drag you down and accept that the call could come at any time.
tenor-5.gif

Give up. Cut the rope. Take out the "trash"?

F

Frankie's Friend

That wasn't the implication at all.

You can let your adult relative completely drain you financially and emotionally after you've tried everything to help them for years. Or not.

Do you have any long-term, hopelessly addicted relatives yourself?
Yep.

F

Frankie's Friend

That wasn't the implication at all.

You can let your adult relative completely drain you financially and emotionally after you've tried everything to help them for years. Or not.

Do you have any long-term, hopelessly addicted relatives yourself?
No one is hopeless.
Some give up hope.
Well then hopefully they'll be able to (or did) right their own ship before you also reach that point.
I'll never reach that "point".
This not my first rodeo.

Everyone has choices, makes decisions.

Please don't tell me that giving up is the answer even tho some do.

Many get to the place that they can't help themselves. You may interject some tough love (for years!) but I never give up trying.

The war is often relentless. Some go awol. I'm not an awol type person.

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm not. If it's not bad enough that you're not emotionally and/or financially drained, keep going.

Didn't think I was either until I had to be. Can't help an adult drug addict unless they want to help themselves.
I understand your thoughts.
Many lose patience and hope because so many dont make it.
A 15 year old in our area just blew her brains out. 15 yrs old.
A friend of mine stepson was shot to death last week at a party. Others were shot in the house and then again outside.
Drug abuse kills people all kinds of ways. Some slowly, some quickly. It's a storm anymore.

F

Frankie's Friend

I wonder if this driver will ever realize that what he did affects public opinion about the rest of us.