Driver fired for faking jury duty

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Nobody had any grandfathers died ?
Never meet any of mine , but had a co-worker who had several.
Seems every time someone with the same last name died , he claimed it was a relative.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Nobody had any grandfathers died ?
Never meet any of mine , but had a co-worker who had several.
Seems every time someone with the same last name died , he claimed it was a relative.

Of the 3 grandfathers I had I only ever have known one. So far so good with him. We were worried a couple weeks ago but all seems good for now.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I honestly hope that when these guys get rightly canned for being lame they learn their lesson. Tragically they blame everyone but themselves these days and keep blindly moving on. I let my kids suffer the consequences now while their really young and the cost is cheap so when they get older they won't have to suffer a much more expensive consequence like that young feller did with the jury duty lie. I can guarantee you his parents covered for him and didn't properly punish him enough when he was younger.

S

serenity now

I honestly hope that when these guys get rightly canned for being lame they learn their lesson. Tragically they blame everyone but themselves these days and keep blindly moving on. I let my kids suffer the consequences now while their really young and the cost is cheap so when they get older they won't have to suffer a much more expensive consequence like that young feller did with the jury duty lie. I can guarantee you his parents covered for him and didn't properly punish him enough when he was younger.

but we counted to 3, and then we put him in time out

AKCoverMan

Dishonesty is the quick kill death at UPS. I've seen three drivers let go and never return during my six years driving.. one for faking jury duty (went in for duty first day and was dismissed but called in for two weeks saying he was on a case), one for throwing an NDA letter in a trash dumpster to avoid sheeting it as a late (really!), and one guy who no show/no called nearly every Friday for a year..to the point where they did not even put him on his route on the board on Fridays and if he showed up it was just a happy surprise. But next Monday he would be back without fail.

The first two were gone in no time, never to return. The attendance issue guy was terminated several times and went through many processes before he was really and truly fired.

So anything that might possibly have any kind of perception that I might be doing something dishonest I raise the red flag via ODS messages so it's all documented.. example if the center is telling me to sheet sometime closed while not at business I make sure that they send that instruction via ODS. Had a misload for a military base the other day, center told me to sheet it as "security" since it was too late to get onto the base. But the real reason it didn't get delivered is because we misloaded it so I don't like using "security". Made em send it via ODS.

But I never worry about calling in sick.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Had a driver * finally get canned on a fake terminal illness with his grandmother. LP paid her a visit. He had pull the same sort of stuff before and went to Vegas. AND THEN PUT IT ON FACEBOOK, with fellow UPSers as friends. He SO had it coming.

My apologies.... His judgement and honesty were above reproach.:funny:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was suprised at the number of guys who thought they could get away with taking COD money.
Rolling C.O.D. money was tempting to a lot of people.....they may not have gotten caught right away, but they eventually did and it wasn't pretty.

moreluck

golden ticket member
​Puleeze, you two, give it up!

When he does....he gets no crap from me, but he won't let it go and I'm not about to lay down and roll over. No one should take his crap......oh yeah, it was deleted really quick so you probably missed it where he posted......."God you're an idiot".

Either he's calling God an idiot or me.....either is unacceptable. I saved the post before it was deleted!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
When he does....he gets no crap from me, but he won't let it go and I'm not about to lay down and roll over. No one should take his crap......oh yeah, it was deleted really quick so you probably missed it where he posted......."God you're an idiot".

Either he's calling God an idiot or me.....either is unacceptable. I saved the post before it was deleted!!

​So, be the bigger person and let the drama end!