Driver fired last year but no replacement?

Ive been working pt mornings since late 2013. Since then ive been waiting to be a ft driver. Ive done seasonal driving. But last year a woman was fired and nobody was hired after she was fired, so it kinda made me frustrated. Now a porter guy retired and a driver signed the bid and won it. I suppose there will be a bid for his route? But im assuming another driver will take it. Will i get hired as a driver since the driver who took the porter bid is out?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
That depends on a few things. First where are you in the 6/1 rotation of pt/street hires to FT? Is there a more senior pt employee ahead of you who might want that driver spot?

Also, yes you'd think they'd bid the drivers route out that went to Porter, but that depends on current volume, number of routes needed on a regular basis, how deep the current pool of drivers is, etc.

Not sure in the 6/1 ratio. And nobody ahead of me in seniority wants to drive. And the porter bid just came down last friday. Im assuming his route will be posted sometime this or next week. Our center probably has anywhere from 10 to 13 thousands packages everyday. Im just getting frustrated after waiting 4 years.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I, and many others on here, started pt just like you and know the frustration. I waited 6 years myself and wondered if it was worth it too.

In the meantime, remember you're getting great healthcare coverage, pension contributions and 401K as well, (unlike most other non union pt or ft jobs out there) just like a FT driver does though at a lower financial level.

It sounds like you are close but you may have others ahead of you. You could take a cover driver's place if they take that bid, so you may also have other possibilities.

Good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The company has up to 30 days to post the bids for the routes vacated by the firing and transfer.

Have you submitted your letter of intent to become a driver?

oldngray

nowhere special
The company has up to 30 days to post the bids for the routes vacated by the firing and transfer.

Have you submitted your letter of intent to become a driver?

Letter of intent to become a driver? I never heard of that.

Part timers sign bid sheets to go full time.

Letter of intent is for going into management.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
You h

you need to fill out the part-time to full-time transfer request, that is what the poster is referring to about letter of intent. Ask your center manager about it

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Ive been working pt mornings since late 2013. Since then ive been waiting to be a ft driver. Ive done seasonal driving. But last year a woman was fired and nobody was hired after she was fired, so it kinda made me frustrated. Now a porter guy retired and a driver signed the bid and won it. I suppose there will be a bid for his route? But im assuming another driver will take it. Will i get hired as a driver since the driver who took the porter bid is out?
You must have ORION in your center ... it reduces miles so much it can reduce a 30 car center by 2 drivers.

UPSGUY72

In my area they are now making people wanting to be FT driver write a letter as to why they want to be a Driver and what there commitment to the company is...