Driver forged my signature, is it worth the effort to pursue?

over9five

Staff member
menotyou is.....

Always was.

Wonder if the mechanic will red tag this?

"Scheduled for repair, OK to drive"

Think about it for a second---white Republicans are in favor of a military draft yet find every available excuse for their own to be excluded.

If Jesus Christ were a white Republican he would find a lesser soul to pay for our sins.
Cuz we know Chelsea was in the military, and I'm sure Obamas kids will volunteer.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Think about it for a second---white Republicans are in favor of a military draft yet find every available excuse for their own to be excluded.

When was the last draft? Because as far as I know, the military is still voluntary, unless you know something different (since you do "know it all")

texan

The only white boys in those parts at the time were Romans and Jesus wasent a Roman. There were any republicans either.
No. He was a Jewish person from the loins of David the giant killer, warrior, and musician
that wrote most of the beautiful Psalms of the Bible. :proud:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

What excuses?
Like being in college?
Like getting married?
Like your wife being pregnant?

Where these excuses exclusively for white people?

Show of hands. Who has NEVER had someone sign for an indirect such as the neighboring apt and when asking the last name of the person who signs receive an unintelligible, foreign babble, as a response to the point that after several attempts to comprehend just say friend It and put the consignees last name in, hopefully with a note in the remarks column?

packageguy

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I hope I am posting in the right forum.

I live in a high rise in Chicago (11th floor). Generally when packages comes by, if it requires signature, the driver would either call me via intercom for signature, or come up to my apartment to knock on my door. If it doesn't require signature, they would leave a note on my mailbox, so I can check the locked mail room for the package.

3 Days ago, I ordered a package from Amazon. The tracking shows it was "out for delivery" yesterday morning. My boyfriend and I were home all afternoon waiting for its arrival. By the time 5pm came around, I started refreshing the tracking status every 20 mins or so. Around 6:30 pm, the status changed to "delivered" to my residence and signed by me. I was puzzled by the status. I didn't get any calls and no one knocked on my door. I went downstairs to check my mail box, there was no note on it to tell me I received a package at all.

I immediately called UPS, they claimed that there was a signature, but it was illegible. The tracking shows it was delivered to my residence and signed by me. Then they made me call Amazon. I called Amazon, Amazon agreed to replace my package after communicating back and forth with UPS for around 20 mins (I was placed on hold).

I was fairly certain at this point that my previous package was stolen by someone in the building that forged my signature. Anyways, today, I went down to the office to investigate more. The building manager said she was in the office when the UPS delivery guy came, he was only in and out of the mail room, and didn't look for anyone to sign off on any packages. I asked the manager to check the mail room to see if my package was in the room, she reluctantly agreed to check for me (normally, they only open the mail room for people with a slip on their mail box). It appears my package was in the mail room...

I am happy to locate my package. However I don't think it's right for the driver to forge my signature, leave the package in the mail room without even a note telling me my package was in the mail room. I really don't want similar incident to happen. I am not sure if reporting him is a good idea. I eventually found my package, even if i report him, will anything happen to him? If he found out I reported him, will he become more negligent with my packages?

Please advise what I should do in this case. Thank you.

I don't think it's worth the fight, wait to see what happens next time, if its going to continue they make the call

lelecoupon

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi guys, I am pretty sure this just happened again. The re-delivery from Amazon came this afternoon. It required signature and ID. The driver did take the elevator and come up. He handed me the package, and left without saying anything. He didn't ask me for my ID or even ask me to sign anything. Then the tracking information turned into delivered to residential, and signed by my last name. I am definitely going to pursue this now. [/FONT]

Ms.PacMan

Hi guys, I am pretty sure this just happened again. The re-delivery from Amazon came this afternoon. It required signature and ID. The driver did take the elevator and come up. He handed me the package, and left without saying anything. He didn't ask me for my ID or even ask me to sign anything. Then the tracking information turned into delivered to residential, and signed by my last name. I am definitely going to pursue this now.
Do you by any chance sign up for an electronic signature?

over9five

Staff member
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hi guys, I am pretty sure this just happened again. The re-delivery from Amazon came this afternoon. It required signature and ID. The driver did take the elevator and come up. He handed me the package, and left without saying anything. He didn't ask me for my ID or even ask me to sign anything. Then the tracking information turned into delivered to residential, and signed by my last name. I am definitely going to pursue this now. [/FONT]

Excellent, sounds like you wanted to anyhow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you by any chance sign up for an electronic signature?

Amazon doesn't offer or require e-signature. I think Apple is the only shipper that does.

lelecoupon, can you please do me a favor? On the package there should be a tracking number---it starts with 1Z---can you please give us the 9th and 10th digits in that tracking number? Thank you.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Now you have two packages.
Did you pay for both items or was the second package to cover for the missing first package?
Will you be returning it and will you make our reputation good because we did not cause your package to become lost or damaged?
The driver delivered it to your residence.

Will you be returning the second item?
Could this be a scam on your end?