Driver Helper peak 2019

Hey all, I have been working this peak as a seasonal driver helper and have a couple quick questions.
Does anyone know the current stance on overtime for helpers, been working 9 hour days and remember reading something about over 5 hours in a day or the 8 in a day, but haven't recieved OT pay, so im guessing it's 40 hour/wk? Haven't been taking the lunch break or anything.
Also was checking the time card viewer on the site (it works about 10% of the time) and saw i'm making more money in a week i worked less, added up myself, (about 1 hour less, but 20$ more??) How's that possible
Hope everyones been having a decent season so far, 250 stops today and been like this all the days i've helped so far!

Last edited:
Hey all, I have been working this peak as a seasonal driver helper and have a couple quick questions.
Does anyone know the current stance on overtime for helpers, been working 9 hour days and remember reading something about over 5 hours in a day or the 8 in a day, but haven't recieved OT pay, so im guessing it's 40 hour/wk? Haven't been taking the lunch break or anything.
Also was checking the time card viewer on the site (it works about 10% of the time) and saw i'm making more money in a week i worked less, added up myself, (about 1 hour less, but 20$ more??)
Hope everyones been having a decent season so far, 250 stops today and been like this all the days i've helped so far!
More than likely you won't get overtime unless you go over 40 hours a week

MattM

This week was union dues. Welcome to the club.

look at your deductions. Maybe they’re doing union initiation fees too
Check your hours. I’m seeing some not getting paid for full work hours, instead, they get paid when first package is scanned

Last edited:
This week was union dues. Welcome to the club.

look at your deductions. Maybe they’re doing union initiation fees too
Check your hours. I’m seeing some not getting paid for full work hours, instead, they get paid when first package is scanned
Yeah that could definitely be it, makes sense. So far it does look like i'm being paid from start time and not first package scanned atleast.

Indecisi0n

Also was checking the time card viewer on the site (it works about 10% of the time) and saw i'm making more money in a week i worked less, added up myself, (about 1 hour less, but 20$ more??) How's that possible
Are you a bear ?

Brotherrr

I worked as helper for one day this week and have indicated I'd like to work again. Haven't been contacted to work again though. I just get automated texts asking if I'm available, I answer Yes, but don't get asked to come in. ?? They really dont need helpers?

542thruNthru

Where are you? I believe almost every contract and even some states has rules about OT after 8 hours.

542thruNthru

PA, been pulling over 8 hours basically every day so far, on 6th day still not getting the OT pay

Well this is the tough part. There are two separate contract supplements for PA. I found in the Central PA contract you should be paid OT after 8 hours. In the Western PA it looks a little tricky and I'm not sure. @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U might know.

But with out knowing which one you're in I can't give you a definite answer.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Well this is the tough part. There are two separate contract supplements for PA. I found in the Central PA contract you should be paid OT after 8 hours. In the Western PA it looks a little tricky and I'm not sure. @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U might know.

But with out knowing which one you're in I can't give you a definite answer.

Central PA here. My helpers all got OT after 8.