Driver Helper Question

Quintelli

Hello, I was hired on for driver helper and I was wondering when is the usual start date for a helper? Also is a uniform required, I seen a ups vest type shirt that says seasonal helper. Do I pick that up?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hello, I was hired on for driver helper and I was wondering when is the usual start date for a helper? Also is a uniform required, I seen a ups vest type shirt that says seasonal helper. Do I pick that up?

Probably Thanksgiving for you outsiders. HR will tell you what you need in the way of a uniform.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you should just start calling the building every morning and ask if they need you

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

How did they tell you that you were hired by smoke signal? Why were these questions not asked while you were in communication with whomever told you that you were hired? I mean if someone told me I got a job, I would be like, "Great, when do I start? What's my salary? Where do I report? Is there anything I need before my first day like a uniform or special equipment? Is there someone to contact in case of any issues?"

You know, things like that. I would be quite leery to accept a job without at least the basics being answered like that. I would call back the person who told you that you were hired.

Quintelli

I was just wondering. I hot hired an an employee ID, I was told I would be contacted for my first day to meet with a driver, but no set date.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How did they tell you that you were hired by smoke signal? Why were these questions not asked while you were in communication with whomever told you that you were hired? I mean if someone told me I got a job, I would be like, "Great, when do I start? What's my salary? Where do I report? Is there anything I need before my first day like a uniform or special equipment? Is there someone to contact in case of any issues?"

You know, things like that. I would be quite leery to accept a job without at least the basics being answered like that. I would call back the person who told you that you were hired.
Give it up @scooby0048 ,, we do this every year ,,, lol. Grown adults who can’t ask simple questions, don’t drive yourself insane

UnionGuy

I wonder when i start too. I applied in September and still wonder when I start. I applied for the bid and got it, did orientation and got my vest. No call yet, I called them two weeks ago and they told me: "when we need you, we'll call you". Imma call them everyday til they give me a driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wonder when i start too. I applied in September and still wonder when I start. I applied for the bid and got it, did orientation and got my vest. No call yet, I called them two weeks ago and they told me: "when we need you, we'll call you". Imma call them everyday til they give me a driver.

At some point are you hoping to become a BigUnionGuy?