Driver helper, What happens next?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
When you say big box retail store what do you mean? Am I allowed to post other companies on here? She has a few interviews with HD, Lws and Azon. But was thinking UPS would pay more and be a great start.
There are better jobs that give more hours and you aren’t jacked around like you are here. It’s going to be physically demanding, you’ll be outside, rain or shine, you won’t have a designated time you’ll get done with work, so planning isn’t feasiable. At least with a big box gig like Lowe’s or HD, they have set schedules you’ll work. Besides, I’m guessing they’ll pay more as well, at least where I’m at they do.

In terms of a great start, they’ll promise the world, and deliver a bag of disappointment.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What happens after the Drivers Helper tour?
They also separated people that lived in the same county as job versus people that lived in a different county.
People that lived in the same county was told to come back the next day and the people that lived in a different county was still there waiting after she left the tour.
She wondered why they were still there?
Also, she was told the pay was 10.50 I thought the driver helper and package handler seasonal were paid more.
Does the package handler seasonal get paid more?
How come you have so much free time?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
She wondered why they were still there?
Also, she was told the pay was 10.50 I thought the driver helper and package handler seasonal were paid more.
She has a few interviews with HD, Lws and Azon.
She has a few interviews at other places, as I mentioned. You would recommend that she take the job at a big box retail place.. and wait until she is called in for a fulltime job vs working seasonal and trying to get hired permanently after season?

Who is "SHE" and what are you to her? Are you hers or is she yours?

Do you work for UPS as well? Well working is better than not working. If she is hired, she could work what she can for the season.

Yeah, I had no idea what you were saying either.

sweetUPS

How come you have so much free time?

I have free time, because I am self employed, I work in sales and make up my own schedule. I am asking the questions for someone that I know. I have a few friends that applied for multiple positions at UPS.

She went back today to UPS today and submitted the required documents. I guess now, she has to wait until she gets a phone call.

Thanks

sweetUPS

There are better jobs that give more hours and you aren’t jacked around like you are here. It’s going to be physically demanding, you’ll be outside, rain or shine, you won’t have a designated time you’ll get done with work, so planning isn’t feasiable. At least with a big box gig like Lowe’s or HD, they have set schedules you’ll work. Besides, I’m guessing they’ll pay more as well, at least where I’m at they do.

In terms of a great start, they’ll promise the world, and deliver a bag of disappointment.

I read so much negativity about UPS on this forum, yet people that I know of that work for UPS has been there for many years and get paid very well.

I think Lowes and HD start off at 10.50 or so an hour.. I guess she will find out if they call her back; the pay wasn't disclosed at the interviews.

Star B

White Lightening
wow! That's great! Is the requirement for a driver to have a license for 3 years
@UpstateNYUPSer is an oddball center. Most of us don't believe half of the crap that comes out of his mouth. Most helpers don't get hired on, they will dangle the carrot of permanent employment and then not give it to you at the end of the season, no matter how much you bust your dangly-bits.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
@UpstateNYUPSer is an oddball center. Most of us don't believe half of the crap that comes out of his mouth. Most helpers don't get hired on, they will dangle the carrot of permanent employment and then not give it to you at the end of the season, no matter how much you bust your dangly-bits.
Pretty common here for helpers to get on permanent. We had a few helpers start working preload in December last year. I started as a helper, but it was a few months after peak before I got on permanent.

sweetUPS

@UpstateNYUPSer is an oddball center. Most of us don't believe half of the crap that comes out of his mouth. Most helpers don't get hired on, they will dangle the carrot of permanent employment and then not give it to you at the end of the season, no matter how much you bust your dangly-bits.[/QUOT

How were the employees on here hired?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wtf is this a husband asking for a wife? Mom for a daughter? Friend for a friend?

Ffs people make people be accountable for themselves.