Driver helper?

Undertow82

So my hub just put up a bid sheet for PT driver helper. Just a question if anyone knows if you make a different pay rate. I'm about 4 months in and still don't know all the details regarding other duties.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
image.jpeg

km3

Seems to vary by local/supplement. It's $15/hr here, or ~80% of beginning driver pay. I am also told that it changes the way you get overtime (from 5 hours to 8 hours), but having not been a helper since before I was a permanent employee, and having no intention of becoming a helper while working on the inside, I cannot confirm that.

Packmule

Is it even legal contract wise? Never heard of driver helpers this time of year. Can't fathom the union not demanding another FT driver be put on instead.

PT Car Washer

Is it even legal contract wise? Never heard of driver helpers this time of year. Can't fathom the union not demanding another FT driver be put on instead.
My building has 6 drivers trying to qualify and another 5 waiting. Plus we have no more extra package cars. They still do not know if the extra volume will come in or not. Could all be a big bust.