Driver job posting advice

Internal med. She doesn't make as much as people think.

She may not make as much as many people think doctors make....but....she's in a good spot, my man.

Priority A is not finding you a job, it's finding her a specialty fellowship! IM is a stepping stone to great and lucrative specialties. You need to look into a good pulmonology fellowship, insane money in that as compared to hours worked. Even better hours in rheumatology and that pays good too.

C'mon man, think outside the box, get her to work!

Gravetech

I’m a 22.4, a year in. You’re schedule will be Tuesday - Saturday. If they let you or force you to work Monday, it double time where I’m at. They can work you 60 hours a week, but no more than that without a DOT exemption. So yes, it’s a lot of time at work. Great benefits , health, dental , vision, pension, 401k. Great job. Very physical. I’m in the western states btw. The contracts are a little different all over the country. You’ll be a rpcd before you now it with a m-friend schedule. Hope that helped. We pay union dues for the health benefits, and it’s top notch. 60$ a month for me. 15/check. But I think they take more dues out as your pay progresses.
That's one of the things I read about the job that I liked was that it's very physical. One of my favorite jobs was in high school was shoveling out dump trucks.

Are you eligible for benefits from the start or is there a wait period?

Gravetech

She may not make as much as many people think doctors make....but....she's in a good spot, my man.

Priority A is not finding you a job, it's finding her a specialty fellowship! IM is a stepping stone to great and lucrative specialties. You need to look into a good pulmonology fellowship, insane money in that as compared to hours worked. Even better hours in rheumatology and that pays good too.

C'mon man, think outside the box, get her to work!
If I ever said this to her I would need a surgeon.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That's one of the things I read about the job that I liked was that it's very physical. One of my favorite jobs was in high school was shoveling out dump trucks.

Why would you need a surgeon
Never met a Dr. yet that wasn’t a money grubber

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Yes, he was the one being corrected
tenor.gif

Dr.Brownz

From my understanding they don’t just hire Rpcd (the good driver job according to you) off the streets, if you are hired off the street you start off as a 22.4 and eventually with enough seniority you might have the chance to become RPCD. May take 20 years like the fellow mentioned above lol
73973978.jpg

PT Car Washer

Apply for a PT job at UPS. You get the same benefits without all of the extra baggage.

newbie777

I think as a new hire at full time, might be 90 days or as soon as your 30 day qualification period. Honestly idk. I started in the hub and it took me 9 months. The bennies are great here thou. I don’t think you can get better insurance anywhere else.

Zowert

You will start out as a 22.4 combo driver (you’ll never see time on the belt so don’t worry), then you have to bid on a RPCD position. Just like package handlers bid on driving jobs. The hours are not always as crazy as you think. There will be times when there is no work for you and then there’s peak, where you’ll be working 60, sometimes 70 hours a week.

22.4 drivers are Tues-Sat. RPCD Mon-Fri. Take the job, put your time in and eventually you’ll get on as RPCD. Be ready for the road test on the day of your interview, they will take you out in the biggest POS manual transmission pkg car they have. If you pass that you’ll go to training, which is a week long. After that you’re put on a training route for 30 days, a period with no Union protection, they can disqualify you simply for smelling your farts.

Best of luck to you.