Driver next to me doesn’t like me going slow

Thebrownblob

And for other clarification even my BA is baffled at The lack of the company not doing anything about these problems and doesn't know what to do That's what I'm getting at. When my BA sits there and says I'm sorry but I really don't know what to do anymore with these problems then that is a major issue. When was the last time you saw somebody pulled into the office for Miss delivering a package or sheeting something missed that truly wasn't supposed to be, or just coming back and throwing unscanned packages back on the belt. These are the problems I'm dealing with and I have to deal with the customers not you not my BA not my steward and definitely not my management. So what recourse do I have about being thrown under the bus?
Again, those are not things the union can do anything about that is a management problem. I’m not certain what you mean by the “union stepping in” but any local union or business agent who decided to step in and discipline a member would be up for some very serious charges at the labor board.

Thebrownblob

So me getting cussed out by a customer who's medicine didn't show up the day before when I was off and then having said package he seed as well as all of the other apartment complexes boxes is me not knowing another driver is not doing the job got it
Smile, wave, and apologize and tell them to call 1800-pick-ups

Brown Down

Again, those are not things the union can do anything about that is a management problem. I’m not certain what you mean by the “union stepping” in but any local union or business agent who decided to step in and discipline a member would be up for some very serious charges at the labor board.
They need to talk to the members though That's not happening. Plus we have actually had two members have their union cards threatened for activities that threw other drivers under the bus according to our business agent. When was a driver on the safety committee doing observations and talking to people telling them what they were doing wrong. Another was an air driver making ground pickups and not reporting it. Neither did get their union cards pulled but what is the difference?

Brown Down

Smile, wave, and apologize and tell them to call 1800-pick-ups
Did that and then got cussed out twice as hard the next day when he saw me because they were just as indifferent. Honestly do you think it's fair that I deal with these problems and I get cussed at? All because other people can't and refuse to do their job right? Again it used to not be a problem these people used to get taken care of and were disciplined. Now it doesn't happen at all but they absolutely will pull other drivers in that aren't the number getters and they will attempt to discipline them.

Thebrownblob

They need to talk to the members though That's not happening. Plus we have actually had two members have their union cards threatened for activities that threw other drivers under the bus according to our business agent. When was a driver on the safety committee doing observations and talking to people telling them what they were doing wrong. Another was an air driver making ground pickups and not reporting it. Neither did get their union cards pulled but what is the difference?
Safety Committee is another issue completely. The union has a right to remove someone.

Air driver doing groundwork should be filed on.

Brown Down

Again I'm just throwing out here what I'm hearing from other people in my building and what I've also experienced. In fact there's a few that are ready to absolutely drop their Union cards because of what they're dealing with

Brown Down

Safety Committee is another issue completely. The union has a right to remove someone.

Air driver doing groundwork should be filed on.
But should the union cards be threatened to be pulled. Because they were. And if they'll threaten to pull them for that kind of stuff then what is the difference between that and blatantly going out and throwing other drivers under the bus to customers?

Thebrownblob

Did that and then got cussed out twice as hard the next day when he saw me because they were just as indifferent. Honestly do you think it's fair that I deal with these problems and I get cussed at? All because other people can't and refuse to do their job right? Again it used to not be a problem these people used to get taken care of and were disciplined. Now it doesn't happen at all but they absolutely will pull other drivers in that aren't the number getters and they will attempt to discipline them.
Fair? Probably not, but life is not fair. you get paid $10 an hour to the job. Everything else is to put up with the BS.

The company has a right to manage poorly if they choose.

Brown Down

Fair? Probably not, but life is not fair. you get paid $10 an hour to the job. Everything else is to put up with the BS.

The company has a right to manage poorly if they choose.
Maybe so but at the same time you can't sit there and say you can't throw other union people under the bus while at the same time other union people are throwing others under the bus. That's a double standard

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So me getting cussed out by a customer who's medicine didn't show up the day before when I was off and then having said package he seed as well as all of the other apartment complexes boxes is me not knowing another driver is not doing the job got it

Did that and then got cussed out twice as hard the next day when he saw me because they were just as indifferent. Honestly do you think it's fair that I deal with these problems and I get cussed at? All because other people can't and refuse to do their job right?

Grow some balls.... or go into management.

1716554439185.png

Thebrownblob

Maybe so but at the same time you can't sit there and say you can't throw other union people under the bus while at the same time other union people are throwing others under the bus. That's a double standard
Someone doing a crappy job is not throwing me under the bus. Worst that happens is I make more money.

I Tell everyone to do the job and give their 100%, not everyone’s 100% is the same.

Managements job is to manage and discipline. Our job is to defend the member as best as we can, but sometimes the discipline is legitimate. Discipline is to correct The behavior.

Strange that you work in a place that doesn’t love to hand out discipline. They give out like candy here.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
How do you know whose work caused someone not to get their medical package unless you were there??

Brown Down

Grow some balls.... or go into management.

View attachment 485199
Wow nice response to actual issues I can already tell how you defend people. Let me guess all you care about is how many union dues come in

Someone doing a crappy job is not throwing me under the bus. Worst that happens is I make more money.

I Tell everyone to do the job and give their 100%, not everyone’s 100% is the same.

Managements job is to manage and discipline. Our job is to defend the member as best as we can, but sometimes the discipline is legitimate. Discipline is to correct The behavior.

Strange that you work in a place that doesn’t love to hand out discipline. They give out like candy here.
Oh they hand out discipline but the non numbers guys. Granted it doesn't stick too many times but just having to deal with it is a problem. Another good one for you is we've had a driver who missed 5 minutes of lunch just literally was short five. The cold in the office and got a warning letter One of these said drivers I was talking about hasn't taken a lunch in a month. Our Stewart found that out after the meeting. Maybe The union needs to address The selective discipline then?

Brown Down

How do you know whose work caused someone not to get their medical package unless you were there??
Because it was a section I normally had and didn't have that day and the driver literally seat all 15 stops in there. I had them all the next day there was not an EC as I drove by it five times for all the other work. Plus the driver was in and done before I got in and I only worked around 9 hours so it can't be timing issue nor should have been in EC

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Wow nice response to actual issues I can already tell how you defend people. Let me guess all you care about is how many union dues come in

Oh they hand out discipline but the non numbers guys. Granted it doesn't stick too many times but just having to deal with it is a problem. Another good one for you is we've had a driver who missed 5 minutes of lunch just literally was short five. The cold in the office and got a warning letter One of these said drivers I was talking about hasn't taken a lunch in a month. Our Stewart found that out after the meeting. Maybe The union needs to address The selective discipline then?
Stewart who?

Brown Down

And like I said my own BA has even said that it's a problem that he's never seen before with management not disciplining people. Like I said he's even addressed that it's an issue so for those like at big Union guys that act like it's not a problem One of your own even says it is.

Thebrownblob

Lunch is a contractual issue. Take the full amount between the third and six hour.
Put it to you this way…..If I’m representing the driver next to you who did not record his lunch accurately. And then I tell management browndown also did not record his lunch accurately and then you get pulled in the office and written up as well because of my information, I don’t think you’re going to be too happy with my representation.