Driver next to me doesn’t like me going slow

PreTrippin’

About 150 Miles From Nowhere
I'm getting too much work because one guy taking so many stops is keeping an extra route out of our loop and I'm even getting pushed into areas not in our loop. I'll take the overtime and don't complain about it at work, but being given stuff from another loop because one guy is getting so much in my loop is just stupid.
Yep that’s dumb. Have you considered filing a 9.5 grievance? I was in a similar situation and it solved my problem. Senior guys were shoving work down my throat… guess what that stopped real fast and I got a bunch of triple time checks lol.

Manifesto

Yep that’s dumb. Have you considered filing a 9.5 grievance? I was in a similar situation and it solved my problem. Senior guys were shoving work down my throat… guess what that stopped real fast and I got a bunch of triple time checks lol.
About a page or so earlier I explained I was on the list for a year when I was getting burnt out but not now because I'm comfortable with the overtime and financial benefits. When on the list I was getting basically no overtime. This company has no in between. Just don't like having areas I shouldn't have because of someone else. It's not over a 50% change so i can't do anything about it. This is a junior driver I'll talking about.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I work in a bonus center, pretty much a joke, and no one makes much bonus. And they manipulate the formula again. Doesn’t really matter to me never chased it anyway.
Most of ours went away (had to hear whining about it for years) after a time study. Then it made a comeback right after the hiring surge a few years ago. All the young 22.4s were going out there and “killing it” but that has already fizzled out. Well, the bonus anyway. They are still runnin. 🤦‍♂️

PreTrippin’

About 150 Miles From Nowhere
About a page or so earlier I explained I was on the list for a year when I was getting burnt out but not now because I'm comfortable with the overtime and financial benefits. When on the list I was getting basically no overtime. This company has no in between. Just don't like having areas I shouldn't have because of someone else. It's not over a 50% change so i can't do anything about it. This is a junior driver I'll talking about.
I get it. A lot of us have been there friend. I’ll just say that in my experience they stop messing with you after a while.

542thruNthru

I used to go prettyslow when I was in package but amazingly I still finished in 8.5 hours every day. Slow and steady wins the race. You on the other hand are just going excessively slow to be a dick bag.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you go into feeder? What year was this that you were slow and steady?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I feel like that's a big plus for small centers. Y'all hold each other accountable.

I'm in a big hub with four large centers. It's a little different.
It’s not our place to make each other work faster.

Whether the guy next to me has 2 stops or 200, I will work at the same speed.

Life is so much easier when you stop looking at what other guys are “getting away with”, and just do your route.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board

Life is so much easier when you stop looking at what other guys are “getting away with”, and just do your route.
Same with stop count...stop looking, just follow the methods, work thru your truck and soon enough it'll be empty.

To an extent, same with time, but those of us with pick ups need to have some idea on time.

Brown Down

Only care what they're doing when it actually affects me Ie not doing the job right and I'm having to fix it, deal with customers who are pissed, etc, etc

Thebrownblob

Bingo. I have guys that look at the reports to see other peoples numbers and look at their dispatch for the day and cry about how unfair everything is. I don’t look at any of it and I don’t care. I don’t even even look at my own. I work at the same pace every day.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
Bingo. I have guys that look at the reports to see other peoples numbers and look at their dispatch for the day and cry about how unfair everything is. I don’t look at any of it and I don’t care. I don’t even even look at my own. I work at the same pace every day.
Once you start looking at those reports they’ve got you. And why WTF would anyone want to look at someone else’s stops, miles, etc?!?! Some of them show up like an hour earlier for that nonsense. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t look at mine either. I’m not looking at or thinking about my work until start time. I don’t even look at mine that much once we start either. I bet I scroll that DIAD throughout the day less than just about anyone. I hate those things