Driver not getting overtime he wants

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
An 4.4 hours planned day???
1702359461868.gif

542thruNthru

An 4.4 hours planned day???
7.3 hour plan day is 9.5 for me. Took a while to train them that anything more will cost them more. Everytime we get a new DM or center manager. I get questioned. I've started just bringing my on-road with me and say. "Ask him..."

Even my on roads know it's not going to come off any faster and they don't want to ride with me again to prove it lol.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
7.3 hour plan day is 9.5 for me. Took a while to train them that anything more will cost them more. Everytime we get a new DM or center manager. I get questioned. I've started just bringing my on-road with me and say. "Ask him..."

Even my on roads know it's not going to come off any faster and they don't want to ride with me again to prove it lol.
I’m in the same position my route is a training route. Everyone that’s been on it is hurt and doing about 80 stops more than me and they’re off by 5. They’ve all been on disability on this route. I never have.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

At least when they would ride with me lunch was paid for. There was even one kid who I brain:censored2:ed into being my helper. They shagged the boxes in the residential areas and was my packmule in the business areas.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’m in the same position my route is a training route. Everyone that’s been on it is hurt and doing about 80 stops more than me and they’re off by 5. They’ve all been on disability on this route. I never have.
These idiots seriously will never learn… if I had a buck for every one of these guys who go out on disability. They are just really stupid or the company is very good about assimilating them into the brown collective.

DOK

Exactly! But as long as the OP’s co worker wants it (as long as he’s not on 9.5 list )he should have dibs on it according to new contract over a PVD! That’s subcontracting 101 package car style ( giving union work to scabs to save money which it actually doesn’t according to my ORS)

Two more weeks and all the seasonals are gone
Was thinking the same, 9 working days left, enjoy the easy days if you’re getting them.

dogs.bite.me

It's not a contract violation.

Best thing for the driver to do.... is ask for more work, call in before he returns, or ask to help cover pickups.

The seasonal's (and maybe the PVD's) are pre-seniority and don't mean squat.
What about the new language in the master.

“In no event shall the implementation of this Section serve to
diminish the overtime opportunities for RPCDs not using the
protections of Article 37, Section 1(c) as of September 1st of
that year, or alter bid delivery area routes for RPCD”

Edit: you answered this above after someone else highlighted it. Punishment for not coming to brown cafe every day and staying up to date with threads I guess.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Edit: you answered this above after someone else highlighted it. Punishment for not coming to brown cafe every day and staying up to date with threads I guess.

That's just my assessment of the situation, right now. Bringing it up (now) in the 2nd week of December

is curious and my follow up tried to clarify that. I know how the company tries to argue cases. They agree

to language and try to change it through the grievance procedure.

Be ready to prove what your average paid day was from Sept 1 til SsD’s working.

Yep.

A grievance like this needs strong documentation. Saying your buddy told you they are using an excessice

amount of seasonal and pvd's in their loop (across town).... is going to be a tough argument.

But, it's always worth trying. Just have your ducks in a row.

;)

What'dyabringmetoday???

That's just my assessment of the situation, right now. Bringing it up (now) in the 2nd week of December

is curious and my follow up tried to clarify that. I know how the company tries to argue cases. They agree

to language and try to change it through the grievance procedure.

Yep.

A grievance like this needs strong documentation. Saying your buddy told you they are using an excessice

amount of seasonal and pvd's in their loop (across town).... is going to be a tough argument.

But, it's always worth trying. Just have your ducks in a row.

;)
Thank you for everything that you do!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's new contract language, their funeral I suppose. I would never dare reveal my working preferences to this company beyond the 9.5 list.