Driver not getting overtime he wants

UPSmechanicinblue

How to file on getting more time? Driver is not on the 9.5 list ever, Never turns down extra work, Getting 8-9 hours but wants more time- center using seasonal drivers who are out later etc. Can I get some input so I can pass this along. Central region Michigan rider

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How to file on getting more time? Driver is not on the 9.5 list ever, Never turns down extra work, Getting 8-9 hours but wants more time- center using seasonal drivers who are out later etc. Can I get some input so I can pass this along. Central region Michigan rider
Tell him/you to slow down and work extremely safe use all their BS methods and he’ll make plenty of O/T
Sounds like he/you might be a runner though if so disregard first paragraph

UPSmechanicinblue

You're not guaranteed overtime. Only 8 hours. He can ask dispatch to give him more work but they don't have to do it.
Dispatch knows, I thought there would be something like extra work seniority order, So they could work all seasonal etc 12 hours and deny all regular full-time any overtime or at least limit it?

UPSmechanicinblue

As a mechanic, you should be able to help him get an extra 3-4hrs per week with breakdowns. No doubt it is an extended route, in a wornout truck. Later, maybe he'll even get a new truck.
I am just checking other areas to to see if I can help out, Maybe they ran into this issue, he is fair with the company- fair days work fair days pay, I know my department other mechanics do use any over time is extra work and it goes in seniority order but that's easier to control when inside at the center.. The issue is PVD and seasonal getting way more hours, not looking to scam the company to get extra, I was in hope someone had a way to just make them adjust dispatch. They may or maybe not trying to save money paying PVD and seasonal to do extra work.

542thruNthru

Outside SSDs are only guaranteed 3 hours. If they are working 10-12 hours and you're only getting 8-9 when normally you would get 10-12 hours. Then file a grievance under article 26 NMA.
Screenshot_20231210_123951_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sporhwhore

No way a PVD should be allowed 12 and any regular full time driver gets 8… think about how silly that sounds…. I would tell driver to go to dispatcher and ask/ tell him to move some PVD work that’s in his loop to him … should be a win win as drivers SPOHR probably at least double that of a PVD