Driver Qualification Tips

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Friday was day 30! I made it back to the hub and my center manager welcomed me to the team. Feeling extremely accomplished and proud of the path I had to take to get here! Thanks to everyone on this site once again. And everyone else trying to qualify, good luck and don't hesitate to ask for help on here!

Kellner21

I was DQ'd after 20 days. Union was only able to get my year DQ'd dismissed, even though they DQ'd me as a cover driver so a local area manager's son could be given the off the street hire as a FT driver*. Useless union was only able to get me year DQ lifted. As of today (end of September), I have not gotten anywhere near 30 days. Make sure your Union representation is strong, and make sure that your local Shop Steward is not given preferential treatment for overlooking issues with PTers such as this. In my building, whose ex-building supervisor's di** you were shot out of and/or whose supervisor's daughter you knocked up only matters.

Meanwhile, the "FT" driver in question can brag to another driver about "getting 60 stops off in 4 hours", while I was DQ'd for only getting 17-18 SPORH without showing any marked improvement over your 20 days (with greatly differing routes over those 20 days), and the union BA (who is supposedly there to fight for me) will agree with them, even with evidence to show favortism.

It's not who you know, it's who you blow. Or whose daughter you knock up. Or that your Daddy was a supervisor 15 years ago.

My cause was also not helped when two individuals who were at least a year below me in seniority were made Cover Drivers before I was, due to personal reasons (which, from what I understand, does not matter), and have personal and selfish (not to mention anti-union) reasons to keep me from becoming a Cover Driver, not to mention a FT Driver.

*If anyone is interested, I would be happy to provide a copy of my "Grievant’s Statement of Grievance" that was (conveniently) left out of my BA's email from my Union "Steward"'s email regarding my grievance, along with my two "Information Request Pursuant to Article Four (4)" (that were also conveniently not delivered to my Union BA, and therefore ignored) prior to my grievance hearing. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR "UNION STEWARD" IS NOT IN BED WITH YOUR BUILDING MANAGEMENT BEFORE FILING ANY GRIEVANCE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE PART TIME!!

Last edited: