Driver Qualification, UPS, my story

Days

If you don’t want it then why did you waste the time to write your post and ask for help? Hard work is not for everyone.

It really wasn’t a help post. More of a summary

@Heavy Package

Maybe the post wasn’t directly aimed at you. There could be potential drivers in the future that dont know what the qualification process is like.

Days

We’re slow learners and we’re not particularly good listeners.

We’re also slow learners.

People have different skill sets and can’t always excel at everything. Which is why UPS disqualifies in the first place.

I’ve seen people that can’t load trucks but can unload very fast. Or similarly people that were not good at loading trucks but make great drivers.

I also learn some things super quick and others slowly.

Pretty sure I'm a better pokemon trainer than most people on here

Last edited:

Heavy Package

Maybe the post wasn’t directly aimed at you. There could be potential drivers in the future that dont know what the qualification process is like.

There have been so many Integrad threads and posts. Let the millenials use the search button. Oh, wait, they would rather post selfies of them at the class and complain about how hard and unfair everything is on social media posts. We as a country are doomed. The robots who will take over the world can't come soon enough.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
No one wants this :censored2:.
Some of us do have options and choose to drive. Who tf wants to spend their days in an office getting fat and constantly hounded by some young guy who's daddy knows the boss?
Almost any vocational degree doesn't even begin to equal the money we make and if you don't think the work is hard then you got a cake route or 95 stops because of your over allowed (leaving the rest of us to cover your slack instead of being with our families). Dont minimize what we do, because your just playing yourself and looking foolish.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Some of us do have options and choose to drive. Who tf wants to spend their days in an office getting fat and constantly hounded by some young guy who's daddy knows the boss?
Almost any vocational degree doesn't even begin to equal the money we make and if you don't think the work is hard then you got a cake route or 95 stops because of your over allowed (leaving the rest of us to cover your slack instead of being with our families). Dont minimize what we do, because your just playing yourself and looking foolish.
Nobody here is saying we dont earn our money.

And about the methods driver next to you. Why dont you just keep on runnin dummy.

Days

There have been so many Integrad threads and posts. Let the millenials use the search button. Oh, wait, they would rather post selfies of them at the class and complain about how hard and unfair everything is on social media posts. We as a country are doomed. The robots who will take over the world can't come soon enough.

Not really and I already did that and any posts relating to qualifying were from
Years ago.

@Days nobody cares

Not true. I personally love hearing stories like these do that I don’t feel so alone in my own struggles

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Welp, see you later!

Zowert

You dodged a bullet. I’ve heard from a few drivers that transferred from Seattle to NorCal that it is absolutely terrible. I used to go up there during the holidays to visit my brother (who moved up there to work for Boeing). The extremely narrow streets of Seattle on top of bad traffic, very impatient drivers and stupid pedestrians would make being a ground driver hell. Air probably not as bad, but still not a good place to be a delivery driver of any sort. This is coming from someone in San Francisco, which is god awful in its own.

Zowert

Lol! I’ve noticed most people born after 1995 to be like this. The Instagram generation, posting selfies and pictures of their dinner...

Days

You dodged a bullet. I’ve heard from a few drivers that transferred from Seattle to NorCal that it is absolutely terrible. I used to go up there during the holidays to visit my brother (who moved up there to work for Boeing). The extremely narrow streets of Seattle on top of bad traffic, very impatient drivers and stupid pedestrians would make being a ground driver hell. Air probably not as bad, but still not a good place to be a delivery driver of any sort. This is coming from someone in San Francisco, which is god awful in its own.

Thanks. I’m glad to hear that

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Nobody here is saying we dont earn our money.

And about the methods driver next to you. Why dont you just keep on runnin dummy.
Who said anything about running? I try to follow every law and method while delivering and I work steady. I dont run because I dont have to. Just cant believe the way some people trash talk a job that provides them with free health, pension and 40hr.
Makes no sense whatsoever.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Who said anything about running? I try to follow every law and method while delivering and I work steady. I dont run because I dont have to. Just cant believe the way some people trash talk a job that provides them with free health, pension and 40hr.
Makes no sense whatsoever.
Ups wouldn't provide that without the teamsters. People who complain about this job I understand.
People who complain about the union (for the most part) I dont get.