Driver Release 21+ Signature Required

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I worry about you fellow UPSer's out there. Especially back East and all the hours and all the problems you're dealing with. I couldn't imagine some of it.

I hope & wish you guys well. Don't take this lightly, please.

clean hairy

I haven't signed without the customer being present. Signing for them without thier consent and driver releasing the pkg is a good way to be terminated. It's not the end of the world to come back tomorrow or the day after. Most of the time, they "will call" after the first attempt.
If a person gets fired for doing that, just claim "I was never told or shown that, not my fault!"

Dr.Brownz

I did that 20 times today, and 100 times last week....a drunk getting his booze isn’t going to call in and complain

When the neighborhood kids steal it, there will be a yuge problem

b1c6a6aed61e41319558902d3b96886e.jpeg

clean hairy

You can leave a basic signature required package with owners consent on info notice at a neighbors address, but not with alcohol or anything requiring 21+. Of its 21+ someone has to be of age at the address to accept.

Just remember to leave another info notice that the package was left at said address.
Unless I am mistaken, booze has to be delivered to the address on the label and cannot be left with a neighbor?

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
You can leave a basic signature required package with owners consent on info notice at a neighbors address, but not with alcohol or anything requiring 21+. Of its 21+ someone has to be of age at the address to accept.

Just remember to leave another info notice that the package was left at said address.

THIS. I have not once signed for a 21+sig. you MUST verify name and matching address to the package. i have rts booze when customers have refused to sign. besides. Its LAW. (in my state) must have signature. UPS doesnt get to bipass the law.

DOK

I haven't signed without the customer being present. Signing for them without thier consent and driver releasing the pkg is a good way to be terminated. It's not the end of the world to come back tomorrow or the day after. Most of the time, they "will call" after the first attempt.
Thought I heard someone coming to the front door, just trying to avoid contact by getting out of there as quickly as possible, it’s dangerous out there.