Driver Release

Hot Carl

FedEx Ground and Amazon have ruined it for us by not attempting the apartment first, instead they just go straight to the office flooding them with packages generating work for the lazy office staff.
There are very few if any offices in my area accepting packages for residents.
I have not had a leasing office accept a package that wasn’t addressed specifically to them since COVID. I’ve long since given up even trying. The lone exception was one tenant who addressed their Sig Req’d gaming PC to the leasing office to get around it, and boy were they pissed. Lady looks at it and tells me point blank, “If they do this again, I’m refusing it.”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Done for what? If it's indoor apartments that's a secure release.

You guys get sig required for every apartment delivery or am I misinterpreting the comments? If I did that I'd be out past DOT every day with the amount of apartments without lockers that I have.
No, the stop count is tons lower because you have to get signatures. Runner-gunners never comprehend this fact.

21Savage

No, the stop count is tons lower because you have to get signatures. Runner-gunners never comprehend this fact.
I don't necessarily believe this narrative. I know senior guys get that get over dispatched every day and come back after 2130 or 2200 consistently and nothing changes.

They just get their ups store moved or someone gets their pickups and they stay out til their done.

We had at least 3 or 4 guys transfer centers this year just cuz they were tired of nothing changing.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You guys get sig required for every apartment delivery or am I misinterpreting the comments? If I did that I'd be out past DOT every day with the amount of apartments without lockers that I have.
Keep on running and gunning

nWo

As long as it's not a PlayStation 5, Laptop, Iphone. I'm releasing it. And if it's an irreg I'm releasing it 100% of the time.

21Savage

As long as it's not a PlayStation 5, Laptop, Iphone. I'm releasing it. And if it's an irreg I'm releasing it 100% of the time.
Right. Same here. You'd just be snowballing work onto yourself every day. I almsot never have DFU problems and you're not going to lose your job or even get discipline over DR'ing an apartment. Have a whole shelf of send again's every day. That's not running that's just being logical.

upschuck

Nah not me. I just never heard of this sig required for every apartment thing before. So if you have a 4th floor irreg you drag it up there 3 days in a row? Not being condescending just asking an honest question.
Or you go up there, see if they are home first, then bring up later, if it is too much of a hassle. A lot of the time it will be NI3.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Secured in the real world of residential addresses is anything the average joe would not walk by. So a second story apartment should be fine
This works both ways: Plenty of porches facing a main street that should not be DR as much as some runners like to.

They might still throw a fuss about this and anything else, qualifying is not at all fair.

Expensive stuff should always be secured/signed.

And you can get as lazy as you want as soon as you use a keypad,key, ID card or manned guard to access the property. Albeit not the smartest thing to do for a long career and happy customers.

Last edited:

Wally

I don't necessarily believe this narrative. I know senior guys get that get over dispatched every day and come back after 2130 or 2200 consistently and nothing changes.

They just get their ups store moved or someone gets their pickups and they stay out til their done.

We had at least 3 or 4 guys transfer centers this year just cuz they were tired of nothing changing.
Lol, runner-gunners here are perplexed why my stop count is way lower than their's. You tell them to stop running and they can't hear you.

Wally

Nah not me. I just never heard of this sig required for every apartment thing before. So if you have a 4th floor irreg you drag it up there 3 days in a row? Not being condescending just asking an honest question.
Any driver with brains always scans first the big stuff, then checks if they are home before dragging the crap in. If not, you leave the note.

21Savage

Any driver with brains always scans first the big stuff, then checks if they are home before dragging the crap in. If not, you leave the note.

Yup. Still gotta go up there. So why not just get it off your truck? So you NI3 your irregs to apts with no sig required?

Est.1998

There's no such thing. I noticed you cant CIR surepost packages. Thats where the SDN button comes in handy.
Surepost and shipper release are the same thing. There's a shipper release button. No need to use SDN if you don't have one. Also, CIR is when you're inputting a persons name. If it's surepost and you gave it to someone, why not ask for their name, draw a line in the sig box and type it in?

Est.1998

I don't get signatures unless the pkg requires it.
My routine with my apts is knock, listen for a response, wait if it sounds like a hot girl/drop and DR customer if it doesn't. Irregs like mattresses and other furniture, DR 100% unless sig required.
If it's sig req, I'll scan the pkg and knock on the door before attempting delivery.

SandSpida

FedEx Ground and Amazon have ruined it for us by not attempting the apartment first, instead they just go straight to the office flooding them with packages generating work for the lazy office staff.
There are very few if any offices in my area accepting packages for residents.
Amazon driver on my route didn’t have an apt. #, so he just decided to leave package on door handle of the laundry room. Some one will get it eventually.