Driver Release

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
On a side note though does anyone get one of those "delivery instructions" labels for NSN that they highlight with a pen because I suspect it is just a bunch of made up nonsense and the address still does not exist.

542thruNthru

Nah not me. I just never heard of this sig required for every apartment thing before. So if you have a 4th floor irreg you drag it up there 3 days in a row? Not being condescending just asking an honest question.
I'm not saying I get a sig at every apartment but it is a method and if UPS wanted to make me pay for a missing package at a apartment they could because I didn't follow the methods.
sketch-1626060507983.jpg

Est.1998

The inside of the mailbox belongs to the post office. You're leasing it is how it was explained to me.
I get that, but since we're now partners. Why not extend a little friendly courtesy to ya boy Mr. Postman! I'm not gonna lie and say i haven't DR to the mailbox but it's not a common action on my behalf.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I get that, but since we're now partners. Why not extend a little friendly courtesy to ya boy Mr. Postman! I'm not gonna lie and say i haven't DR to the mailbox but it's not a common action on my behalf.
We’ve all been there
It’s 8:30. Hard to see. Can’t identify the house.
Well. The mailbox is right there.
Keep looking. Can’t find it?
The mailbox is RIGHT THERE.
I better not in 1 or NSN this bad boy. That would be the right thing to do
But
The
Mail
Box
Is
Right
THERE!
DRBAGMLBX

BrownStains

If it said signature required on it then don’t leave it, make contact with somebody. otherwise, driver release it. I leave by apartments all the time. I’ve left at mailboxes , whatever. You’re not always going to have perfect dr’s.

Zowert

FedEx Ground and Amazon have ruined it for us by not attempting the apartment first, instead they just go straight to the office flooding them with packages generating work for the lazy office staff.
There are very few if any offices in my area accepting packages for residents.
There’s a few apartment complexes on my route that don’t have lockers and the office won’t accept deliveries of any kind. Even if I have a ‘left at office’ request they won’t sign for it. So I have to go directly to the customer to get a signature. Of course they’re not home so I leave an info notice and write “leasing office will not accept packages”. They do nothing about it and it’s still ‘left at office’ the next two attempts. It’s always NI3 (I don’t have an access point to send them to anymore) so they call in and complain, then the package goes out for a 4th attempt only this time it’s ‘consignee signature release front door’. WHY DIDN’T YOU TAKE CARE OF IT AFTER THE FIRST ATTEMPT!?!

Anyway, you’re right about Amazon and FedEx, Amazon especially. I used to be able to leave signature required packages at a lot of offices when the customer wasn’t home. Then Amazon started delivering most of their stuff in my area and they stopped because they’d just show up with a tote full of 40 pieces and dump them in the office when no one was looking. These turds won’t even use lockers, just drop all their packages next to it and leave. I guess it’s only a matter of time before they ruin that too.

A while back this kid in a beat up white van showed up to the biggest apartment on my route with two totes full of Amazon smalls, must’ve been 50+ pieces. I saw him walking out of the office all pissed off, “They won’t take packages! We have to go door to door?!” I’m like dude aren’t you paid by the hour? Easy money.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There’s a few apartment complexes on my route that don’t have lockers and the office won’t accept deliveries of any kind. Even if I have a ‘left at office’ request they won’t sign for it. So I have to go directly to the customer to get a signature. Of course they’re not home so I leave an info notice and write “leasing office will not accept packages”. They do nothing about it and it’s still ‘left at office’ the next two attempts. It’s always NI3 (I don’t have an access point to send them to anymore) so they call in and complain, then the package goes out for a 4th attempt only this time it’s ‘consignee signature release front door’. WHY DIDN’T YOU TAKE CARE OF IT AFTER THE FIRST ATTEMPT!?!

Anyway, you’re right about Amazon and FedEx, Amazon especially. I used to be able to leave signature required packages at a lot of offices when the customer wasn’t home. Then Amazon started delivering most of their stuff in my area and they stopped because they’d just show up with a tote full of 40 pieces and dump them in the office when no one was looking. These turds won’t even use lockers, just drop all their packages next to it and leave. I guess it’s only a matter of time before they ruin that too.

A while back this kid in a beat up white van showed up to the biggest apartment on my route with two totes full of Amazon smalls, must’ve been 50+ pieces. I saw him walking out of the office all pissed off, “They won’t take packages! We have to go door to door?!” I’m like dude aren’t you paid by the hour? Easy money.
You have to train your customers to leave signed notes at the door. Old school...

542thruNthru

Amazon was lying to my apartments for a long time. They would ask "did you try their door?" Everytime they would say yes.

My apartments have a ton of cameras. I came in one day and the front desk lady waved me over. Told me "watch this!" She backed up the security video and showed me the Amazon guy driving into the complex. Parking and playing on his phone for a bit. Then in real time it shows him coming up to the office with two of the big blue totes.

She says "did you try the doors"

He says "yes of course."

She went nuts on him and showed him the video all in front of me. He was pissed and said "We don't have time to go to the doors! It's your job to take packages!!". They weren't allowed to drop anything for a month after that. That's was years ago though.

Amazon even sent someone in asking to install their own lockers for free. They said no. Now they camp out at the lockers and keep filling them as people grab packages.

Zowert

Amazon was lying to my apartments for a long time. They would ask "did you try their door?" Everytime they would say yes.

My apartments have a ton of cameras. I came in one day and the front desk lady waved me over. Told me "watch this!" She backed up the security video and showed me the Amazon guy driving into the complex. Parking and playing on his phone for a bit. Then in real time it shows him coming up to the office with two of the big blue totes.

She says "did you try the doors"

He says "yes of course."

She went nuts on him and showed him the video all in front of me. He was pissed and said "We don't have time to go to the doors! It's your job to take packages!!". They weren't allowed to drop anything for a month after that. That's was years ago though.

Amazon even sent someone in asking to install their own lockers for free. They said no. Now they camp out at the lockers and keep filling them as people grab packages.
I love when people get called out on their BS.

There is one apartment that got so fed up with Amazon dumping packages in their mail room that they changed the entry code. So for a while I had to stand outside and call each tenant from the call box. When I made contact with the manager she gave me a fob so I could get in but asked me not to let Amazon drivers in the building. “They can use the call box. All they do is make a mess in our mail room.” FedEx must’ve screwed up there too because they just stop and leave their little post-it note style info notice. If I get there and see an Amazon or FedEx vehicle outside I just keep driving and save that stop for later. I don’t want them knowing I have a fob to get in.

Putting a little more effort in helps our reputation. I notice The UPS Store is a lot busier than FedEx ship centers in my area. I’ve always wanted to ask people in line why they’re shipping through UPS when the post office and FedEx is cheaper. If I had to guess it would be reliability. The UPS guy isn’t going to leave their family heirloom in a common area of some apartment complex.

DriverNerd

If it's surepost and you gave it to someone, why not ask for their name, draw a line in the sig box and type it in?
I never* sign the signature box, not even a line - it's just asking for trouble. Just use release number for any Surepost. If you are at a business with multiple packages and ones a Surepost, just RelNum that particular package in the list and then it will allow CIR for the rest.

*I did/do write CD in the box for covid signatures, but that was in line with company training.