Driver running over dog

Fuzzy Brown

A majority of my route is UPS Access Point®️ eligible so people who think it’s cute to leave their menacing dogs out when they’re expecting a delivery can think about it as they drive the 8 or 10 miles to pick up their package.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't speak for him. Not every driver hates dogs. There was a bid route I took and dogs were loose everywhere. Two of them ran after me aggressively at one stop every day I went there. The old bid driver delivered it one day and they were docile toward him. He said he fed them french fries one day and ever since then they were buddies.
Dogs know if you dont like them or are afraid of them. They also can learn your driving habits. Two doberman pinschers always waited by the road and chased my truck as I turned left out of the drive every time. One day I turned right and they just sat down dumbfounded. You only figure them out if you run the route every day. They get used to you and vice versa.
Believe it or not I don't hate dogs. I do have a thing against aggressive dogs that are out of control though. After having to get a tetnus shot twice for dog bites I kind of developed a thing about not getting out of the truck when a dog is acting aggressive. I didn't care if it was for a little old lady and it was 20 below- they could come out to the truck and get their stuff. I only ran over one dog in 30 years and it was like it committed suicide. It came charging out at the truck (like it always did as the customer watched ) , hit some ice and couldn't stop. Bye bye Fluffy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Believe it or not I don't hate dogs. I do have a thing against aggressive dogs that are out of control though. After having to get a tetnus shot twice for dog bites I kind of developed a thing about not getting out of the truck when a dog is acting aggressive. I didn't care if it was for a little old lady and it was 20 below- they could come out to the truck and get their stuff. I only ran over one dog in 30 years and it was like it committed suicide. It came charging out at the truck (like it always did as the customer watched ) , hit some ice and couldn't stop. Bye bye Fluffy.
I have hit 3. 1 similar to you. Ran out on an icy road and slide in front of the truck and I wasn't slamming on the brakes on ice. Another i was cruising down a county road and the dog jump out of the woods and legit just hit the side of the truck. Then my back wheels ran over it. Third one had multiple dogs. A boxer was running beside me biting at the drivers side front wheel. I was fixated on that dog. In the mean time an older dog laid down in the driveway on the passenger side and never bothered to move. Thought I hit a speed bump or something.

IworkWhatdoUdo??

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You should notify the company, go to the hospital, file a police report, and sue

the home owner for lost wages and medical expenses. Easy win.

If need be.... you can file for worker's comp.

The homeowner's insurance pays for it.

338440_296236083735889_1456707431_o.jpg

Driver from my Local that got bit....

rod

Retired 22 years
Also if you get bit be sure to notify the local law enforcement so there is a record of it. I’m sure it’s different in other places but around here the owner will be required to show proof of their dog having it’s rabies shots and will be required to keep it tied up for 72 hours. If the dog gets 3 strikes it can be put down. I’ve had idiots tell me that Fluffy had also bit the mailman and the garbage man.