Driver running over dog

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I've gotten so many customer complaints when I used to cover rural routes because of dogs in driveways and yards. People don't understand how stupid dogs are, especially around vehicles. I am not risking my job to deliver your amazon junk. Put your dog in the house and you can get your crap the next day.

One particular guy has 4 or 5 dogs who run at the package car and literally try to bite the tires. I quit going in his driveway and started bagging and leaving it at his gate. He got mad and told me never to do it again. I will called every package for him ever since. His house is roughly 70 miles from our center :)

Nice. I like your style

35years

Gravy route
A few obsevations..

1 There are 2 maiboxes next to each other on the video indicating a shared driveway or possibly even a dead end county road. Either way its a common driveway so dogs should not be loose. They may have not had a pkg but their neighbors sharing the driveway may have.

2 In the first video the now dead dog was attacking the tires.

3. The dogs run off when he closes the door.
30 years of dealing with dogs who attack tires tells me they were called away. The driver may have driven off but possibly sees the dogs being called in or away from the garage as he drives away.

He possibly delivers his next stop and figures the dogs are inside since they were called in/away 4 minutes earlier. So he goes back but the dog has been let out again.

At that point the owner is being especially irresponsible by letting them out a second time.

Seymour Packages

Dangerous dog means you get your package tomorrow. When I was new and covering for a driver with a rural route, I was charged by multiple dogs. A few caught a DIAD to the snout. The worst dogs usually have irresponsible owners who say "oh but he never does that." Yeah right. Want your package delivered in a timely manner? Put your dog on a leash. I'm not getting bitten and/or mauled for your Amazon garbage.

rod

Retired 22 years
If UPS checks the local dog laws where this happened they will probably find out there is a law on the books about home owners keeping their pets under their control at all times --even in their own yard. Lots of places don't require that your dog be on a leash but most places require you to have your dog under control. This idiot couple says they are going to sue--I think they are in for a surprise. Not only will they be without Fluffy the killer dog but they will be a little poorer wasting money on a lawyer.

35years

Gravy route
First time he drives up the dog is attacking tires. He opens side door, dog is agressive, he yells at them to go away. They dont run away from the driver yelling, but only after he shuts the door...probally called off by the owner.

Owner denys hearing anything. I say BS. The agressive dog didn't run away from the driver yelling. Owner probally denies hearing the first encounter because it would weeken his court case because he let out the dogs again.

Driver did not veer to hit the dog the 2nd time the driver drives up, contrary to what the homeowner claims. His wheels are turned to set up his turn around. The dog is charging the truck at a full run, attacking the tires and runs under the tires of a stopping truck.

The driver then backs and it looks like he does not run over the dog again as the homeowner claims.

The homeowner then says he sits for 30 seconds, not getting out. He was probably calling in the accident exactly as he should. He doesn't get out probably because the other dog is barking as the homeowner admits.

This is clearly a case of an aggressive dog attacking the tires. I doubt this is the first time the dog has attacked tires.

It would be interesting to hear what the regular driver says about the previous behavior of the dogs.

No way is this animal cruelty. The dog attacked and it is unreasonable to think the driver would then get out to tell the homeowner when the other dog is still out.

Last edited:

Days

My dogs are scared of literally everything but they’ll run towards vehicles if they’re not put on a leash. Dogs are really dumb.

It’s up to owners to be smart for the dogs sake. If your dog gets run over by a car it’s 9 times out of 10 the owners negligence

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I've owned four boxers in the last 23 years. They're a wonderful breed but they have to be properly trained and supervised in open areas because they're very energetic and headstrong.

The deceased dog's behavior (biting at the tires) suggests that the owners did not take the time to do this.

The dog loses, the driver loses, UPS (the world's most self-loathing company) will hand over a fistful of cold, hard cash to assuage the careless owners grief and the process starts over again.

Shameful.

Overpaid Union Thug

Dog owners crack me up. Most of them are borderline neglecting them. They scream and yell at them every time they bark as if they are a constant nuisance and would rather not have them. Many don’t have the required medical care. I always wonder why most people have dogs. Because many behave and act as if they don’t want them. But.....as soon as a delivery driver runs the little bastard over they are all of the sudden very caring and nurturing. LOL

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
This can all be avoided if people who have a animal farm with 10 dogs and cats simply track their package online and say “oh, our box is coming today, better keep the dogs inside or leash them.”
I get their sadness, but wonder why people are so careless with their animals. They charge the UPS guy with being reckless; they are also being reckless by letting their welcoming committee stay outside when they know they are going to be aggressive and bother the delivery guy. Lack of humanity on both ends

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We’ve all been in these scenarios; it’s especially fun when people have an irreg or a sig required and make the driver go through a dog obstacle course just to give them their pkg

BigMoney

Years ago i had a dog that would chase my package car down the street everyday.Well one day he got run over by me and when i told the owner she said she knew it would happen someday.My thought is if you knew it was gonna happen would you not keep your dog inside?