Driver shot and robbed.

Marcell

I don't understand your post. It's a strictly residential area and UPS will not drive through there the customer's package will automatically sort to the customer counter and they will have to pick it up.

Marcell

Hello, Marcell, Welcome to BC. I was a driver from across town, but as a feeder driver, I came to your building almost daily. The news is reporting 4 armed robberies of our PC's and 1 FEDEX driver. Is this an accurate number as far as you know? Have all the robberies been from your building but different centers? In my opinion, these guys are not going to stop till they get caught and seems like they are getting more violent. How do the drivers feel about it?
Not sure I got the hang of this yet. We are at Mykawa the others were out of Stafford, one was on a Saturday which has very little routine as far as delv and pu's. The area where the incident occurred and surrounding areas are some of the toughest neighborhoods in the country not just Houston. I don't have any info on the other incidents. I overheard several drivers discussing carrying firearms Friday.

Last edited:

Marcell

Designated pick up area.
Wow, that's great.

Whether we deliver or pick up we have to drive there.

"We make $ in pick ups". That's why we make the exception.
What a joke.
Not sure I understand your post. This area is strictly residential and UPS will not be driving through. Customer packages will automatically sort to the customer counter and they will be required to pick them up.

Marcell

LOL youre not a corporate PR person ....Hardy har har .Sure fooled me..
I'm an OMS. My drivers are my people and they feel the same. I could go crazy listing the issues both big and small with regard to what's wrong with the way our corporate office views operations and makes decisions on it's behalf. I've been in it for 15+ years. I speak for me and mine. I tell my drivers the truth and they do the same.

10 point

Not sure I understand your post. This area is strictly residential and UPS will not be driving through. Customer packages will automatically sort to the customer counter and they will be required to pick them up.
Because your post said they'd only do pickups.

10 point

Hello! Just joined and I saw this thread. I work in the center where the driver was shot and he is ok. This is his first year driving and he's young and healthy. The location where it happened has been designated pick up only for the time being possibly forever.
"Designated pick up only".

If you're an oms the term Will Call should be familiar to you?
I figured you were management.

10 point

It doesn't matter if the driver was young, old, healthy, not healthy as our oms marcell posted.

We all can die from lead poisoning from being sent into known hostile and deadly areas...especially after dark.
Drugs (& lack thereof) can make people coldblooded killers in a moments time.
Maybe we can add that to depth of knowledge verbage for management to study.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
"Designated pick up only".

If you're an oms the term Will Call should be familiar to you?
I figured you were management.

I wouldn't say "management". Social Media Strategist might be closer to what "Marcell" does for a living.

And, he/she's plying their trade right here in "The Cafe".

Btw, I typed this post with my tinfoil hat on.

Last edited:

Drink Craft Beer

Within the last 4mos in my hub, packages for jewelry stores no longer have their names spelled out on the label. They're all now abbreviated it the system.

10 point

Hello, Marcell, Welcome to BC. I was a driver from across town, but as a feeder driver, I came to your building almost daily. The news is reporting 4 armed robberies of our PC's and 1 FEDEX driver. Is this an accurate number as far as you know? Have all the robberies been from your building but different centers? In my opinion, these guys are not going to stop till they get caught and seems like they are getting more violent. How do the drivers feel about it?
Not sure I got the hang of this yet. We are at Mykawa the others were out of Stafford, one was on a Saturday which has very little routine as far as delv and pu's. The area where the incident occurred and surrounding areas are some of the toughest neighborhoods in the country not just Houston. I don't have any info on the other incidents. I overheard several drivers discussing carrying firearms Friday.
Why are you now posting to yourself like you're a driver?

Marcell

Ok is this a "driver only" forum? I simply updated this thread with real info; meaning first hand knowledge; to fill in some blanks for those asking questions and I'm being put down. The info provided about the driver himself was to comfort any of you actually interested about his wellbeing. I hope your response isn't indicative of your level concern. So sorry my word usage was confusing and apparently offensive. Interestingly I noticed when you click on "10 point" it says you don't exist. I also apologize for having actual caring supv and to also personally give a :censored2: about my drivers. That doesn't mean they aren't asking their drivers to perform miracles and make dangerous delv every day it means they know it and it adds to their stress. I guess the OMS in your centers are :censored2:s but in ours we do everything we can to facilitate a smooth day for our people and it's a team. And it's SHE if it matters.

10 point

Ok is this a "driver only" forum? I simply updated this thread with real info; meaning first hand knowledge; to fill in some blanks for those asking questions and I'm being put down. The info provided about the driver himself was to comfort any of you actually interested about his wellbeing. I hope your response isn't indicative of your level concern. So sorry my word usage was confusing and apparently offensive. Interestingly I noticed when you click on "10 point" it says you don't exist. I also apologize for having actual caring supv and to also personally give a :censored2: about my drivers. That doesn't mean they aren't asking their drivers to perform miracles and make dangerous delv every day it means they know it and it adds to their stress. I guess the OMS in your centers are :censored2:s but in ours we do everything we can to facilitate a smooth day for our people and it's a team. And it's SHE if it matters.
It doesn't matter.

BTW: I exist.

4 drivers shot? Is this accurate? One shot is bad enough but four?

I bet the cover drivers are lining up to drive that area since the management "team" is so caring.
Thanks for the update tho.
It brings back not so caring memories and in twenty years I've seen what caring supervision means.
It means they only care if they're liable.

Last edited:

Marcell

4 total incidents: 1 FedEx driver on Saturday as well as 1 UPS driver both in Katy. 1 UPS driver in Missouri City. My driver shot on Thursday last week. The first 3 were robberies no one was shot. This is to clear up misinformation. Yes I agree 1 incident is too many and a robbery at gunpoint is not any different than getting shot. Like I said its just for clarity and there's no need to reply. The end.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It really irks me when people call us "my drivers". Or my people. I guess it could be an endearing term. It just doesnt sound right.