Driver training Driver

UPS4Life

First whomever "they" is, I want to punch. Second, I just want the opportunity to prove that money can't make me happy.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1416871949.896167.jpg
i bet a penguin could

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS4Life

With being in feeders, at my building we send them off to truck driving school in Allentown because we don't have time to train them. Then they come back don't know :censored2: about UPS and go with a sup who teaches the methods for a week. Then we give them to a "driver trainer" who has a cake run that they'll never see for 30 years but the trainer does get an extra 50 cents an hour. This is what you get when we need to hire as many people as possible ASAP.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DOK

It is unreal the drivers they are hiring nowadays, 90% of them aren't worth anything. They all seem to qualify though, regardless that they can't do the job productively or safely.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Retired manager trained the class the way he was taught back in the day. There were no "key phrases" until several years ago. All we had to learn was "All Good Kids Like Milk".
Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge
Good Boys Deserve Fudge Always
All Cows Eat Grass

Oh wait, that's music..

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Where I'm at they have drivers teach other drivers their routes but I've never heard of regular drivers training new guys from the ground up.