Driver Wannabe

HEAVY MJ

Hello UPSERS! I have been loading feeders at night since January 06 and would like to be a driver since I look so good in brown. What is the typical route to becoming a driver, no pun intended, or how did some of you get the job.Holla!!

diadlover

You need to look at the thread I started and then decide if you still want to be a driver. If yes, then the answer is simple: seniority. Go talk to your HR.

aspenleaf

Heavy - talk to the DRIVERS on this forum they are very helpful. DL - I know many drivers who actually like the job and still have families are very happy. You must know some that have horrible lives since you are so against anyone driving for UPS. You may want to call the employee assistance hotline and speak to someone about your anger. Really not everyone hates what they do. DL do you like what you do for UPS?

diadlover

aspenleaf said:
Heavy - talk to the DRIVERS on this forum they are very helpful. DL - I know many drivers who actually like the job and still have families are very happy. You must know some that have horrible lives since you are so against anyone driving for UPS. You may want to call the employee assistance hotline and speak to someone about your anger. Really not everyone hates what they do. DL do you like what you do for UPS?

I don't think HEAVY MJ appreciates you changing the topic of his thread. You have a problem then ask on my own thread dont friend up his.

aspenleaf

Heavy MJ I do apologize if I harmed your thread. I think it is great that you want to be a driver and I think you should get advice from the drivers. In my opinion only the drivers can tell you what it is like since they do the job day in and out. My reason for posting in the first place was to let you know that there are some other posters who have a more positive slant on things. I would like to say welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy posting and chatting with most of us.

DL, I was not trying to insult you. In my opinion you seem to have some “issues” that need to be worked out. You seem to hide behind your sarcasm and enjoy insulting the posters on this forum. <O:p

diadlover

You people are the ones who have insulted me. I am not the ones calling people idiots and stupid. Thats your fellow more "positive" comrades. Oh yeah, that old man vet guy called me a dillweed or something like that. So MJ if you want the truth I will tell you. Driving can be rewarding for some and not for others. If you don't mind becoming UPS's bitch then go ahead and drive. I mean you will make some good $$. I don't look down upon drivers, they work hard it's just that if you play the system right you can make $$ in the same neighborhood as a driver. I do drive all the time so I can post about it cuz I am very familiar.

aspenleaf

DL: In one thread you say you do not drive full time and now you say you drive all the time. If you are insulted it is most likely due to what you have posted. As for what the “vet” said you changed what he wrote therefore you misquoted him and he was rather nice in his “insult” to you. People can still have a positive slant on driving and not like what you post.

diadlover

aspenleaf said:
DL: In one thread you say you do not drive full time and now you say you drive all the time. If you are insulted it is most likely due to what you have posted. As for what the “vet” said you changed what he wrote therefore you misquoted him and he was rather nice in his “insult” to you. People can still have a positive slant on driving and not like what you post.

Yes, I am not a driver and YES I drive all the time. What is your point? Oh, you think because I drive I must be a driver. No Aspenleaf, you do not need to be a full-time driver to go out and do a route or shags or anything else. You only need to be DOT certified as well as have knowledge of the DIAD. The old man insulted me before I said anything to him so he needs to apologize and I want it before the end of the night.

over9five

Staff member
Dude, you're posting a lot. Don't you have a life? Did you recently break up? (Hence your woman hating comments).

Don't let it get you down! Forget her! Go back out there and try again.

diadlover

No, I have a life honest. Now lets keep the thread about what it's supposed to be about. You and Aspenleaf keep medling in this guys thread.

aspenleaf

:tongue_sm MEOW. . .retract your claws DL. Why are you so bitter? So if you drive all the time you must drive at night? And yes I have no point; just trying to get to know the real you. You were posting most of the day as was I (which fits my preload schedule). We have tried to be nice to you and interact with you but you just keep fighting with everyone. You need to release your stress and perhaps posting with such anger is how you cope with your stress.

diadlover

Hello Aspenleaf, how are you? The reason for my daytime posts is because I have taken the week off. I have enjoyed myself on this board even though it may seem that I have not. I think all of you are a swell bunch of guys and gals and I hope for nothing but the best for you all. In fact I have enjoyed my time here so much I hope to return here often. It's nice to see such a diverse group of individuals together and interacting. Everyone from our lovely lady in Colorado to our elderly Washington Redskin fan. Thanks for allowing me to chat with you all.
-diadlover

How was that beeyatch?

aspenleaf

:lol: You took a week off and this is the best you can do??? I have been called a lot worse. Enjoy the rest of your time off.

diadlover

Awwww, you hurt my feelings!! I can't go far cuz I am suspended right now. Two more days to go. I got into an altercation with a customer while at work. When I went to his apt. he started his bitching about how we never come when he is home. I explained we cant DR an apt. and his office wouldn't accept it. He didn't want to hear it and after he signed the board he threw it at me and hit me in the chin. I called 911 right there in front of him and told them he assaulted me. He lost it right there and hit me in the stomach. I managed to get a few good blows in and when the police came I was back at my truck sitting there and we went back up to his place and they arrested him. UPS suspended me with pay pending an investigation. I wasn't found at fault since the 911 call I made recorded the sound of him hitting me. So it isn't like I'm on vacation toots. Go ahead and laugh if you want but I don't see the humor in it.

pasfailure

Diadlover (must not have version 4 yet), People wonder if you have an attitude problem and then we find out you go around getting in altercations with customers. Getting beat up by customers is no way to represent Big Brown. You get better results by kicking the crap out of the customer. They respect you more.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear dillweed

Maybe if you would quit your lying with every other post, people might even take you seriously. The way it is, you are your own biggest insult.

And you really showed your pompous ass when you stated

he needs to apologize and I want it before the end of the night

How funny you are.

You sure the customer did not do brain damage when they hit you? I would get it checked out!

d

diadlover

dannyboy said:
Dear dillweed

Maybe if you would quit your lying with every other post, people might even take you seriously. The way it is, you are your own biggest insult.

And you really showed your pompous ass when you stated

How funny you are.

You sure the customer did not do brain damage when they hit you? I would get it checked out!

d
Dear DannyBoy sir,
Lying? What the hell are you talking about? I don't care who takes me seriously and who doesn't, most of you are just a bunch of idiots. I don't think I suffered any brain damage cuz I wasn't hit in the head. I do appreciate your concern though.
Oh yeah, how is anyone supposed to take you seriously when every post that I put up here is just followed by you saying that I'm gay or something. Are you serious? Anybody that respects that is the one with brain damage.

Sincerely,
Mr. Dillweed

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Delusions of grandeur, making believe you are one thing, then another. Now why would someone think you are lying? Not I! But then again, with what you have posted...........

Maybe you should think before running your fingers?

But then you cant.

Where ever he hit you, you must have gotten brain damage. Get it checked out.

We sure dont want a UPS driver who is not a UPS driver, who hates women (esp UPS drivers who are women), and feels sexually inferior to them, out there giving real UPS drivers a black eye.

d

wily_old_vet

diadlover said:
Yes, I am not a driver and YES I drive all the time. What is your point? Oh, you think because I drive I must be a driver. No Aspenleaf, you do not need to be a full-time driver to go out and do a route or shags or anything else. You only need to be DOT certified as well as have knowledge of the DIAD. The old man insulted me before I said anything to him so he needs to apologize and I want it before the end of the night.

Hell will freeze over before you get an apology from me. Every once in a while we get a holes like you on here. But eventually you will go away.