Drivers are Responsible for Everything Helper Does?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've been here over 20 years and have always signed everything. What's the big deal? Maybe a steward can answer this. Have they ever whipped out a signed cert. and said "Well Jack, looks like we got you here. Seems you signed this paper that you would follow our procedures. Nice knowing you son, have a good one". I've never seen it happen.
Our BA told us yesterday never to sign anything. When I asked him if we would still be expected to comply with whatever directive was on the paper he was at a loss for words.
That is the crux of the issue.
It makes no difference whether you sign it or not.
The BA's just want to be bad-asses and when it gets to panel, it makes no difference.

over9five

Staff member
Article 6. It's an extra-contractual agreement that is invalid.
Sign it if you can't stand up for yourself, it doesn't matter.
OR, be a man and tell them "No".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Article 6. It's an extra-contractual agreement that is invalid.
Sign it if you can't stand up for yourself, it doesn't matter.
OR, be a man and tell them "No".
And UPS does not really care either way ... it makes no difference.
I was trained on this 35 years ago as new management as outlined below:
If the Teamster represented employee refuses to sign it, have another member of management present to witness and initial the training or discipline before placing it in employee's file.
I never had a problem with employees refusing to sign stuff but followed the procedure above and the few times it came in to play, the union accepted the documentation the the same either way.

I'm not sure about the "man" but definitely agree with "Macho Man".

govols019

You smell that?
Our BA told us yesterday never to sign anything. When I asked him if we would still be expected to comply with whatever directive was on the paper he was at a loss for words.

I call BS....A Business Agent at a loss for words over something that simple has no right being a Business Agent.