Drivers only graduated high school with C average

• Thread starter Nothing by 1030 anymore
  • Start date

raceanoncr

OK, on the topic of graduating with a "C" average, that was probably a high number for me.

Yep, I admit, I'm dumber than a box of rocks. BARELY made it outta high school, held menial jobs for most of my life, landed this UPS thing, went to feeders, then sleeper teams, made a boat load of money, invested wisely, married (2nd time) to a partner that shares the same goals (money and other) as me, don't have no debts and haven't for years, retired for 6 years and still making more money than I'm spending, doing things I couldn't do before and, oh yes, LOVING this life.

BTW, yes, management DID say to me, many times, "We're smarter than you". Yes, you sure are. Look, I don't care, just get my name right on the check, OK? Besides, most of them were long gone before I was, due to negligence, mistakes, screw-ups, health, etc.

Box Ox

Yep....all you drivers who bust your ass are demeaned by former management monkey butt..as stupid.

Lots of drivers got through much more than high school with much better than a C average. UPS still looked better than a high tech or professional job where getting replaced by an H1B visa worker or laid off so your employer can hit quarterly targets is a common thing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thanks Obama? ;)

Seriously though, for most careers, GPA isn't as big of a deal as helicopter parents make them out to be. Unless you're in a STEM job category, GPA is only a side note.

The way I see it, most people who went college, shouldn't have wasted their money on it.
I agree except many companies and corporations require one for many positions.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I agree except many companies and corporations require one for many positions.
No doubt, but since around half of people who pay for some college don't end up ever graduating, I'd call it a waste for most.

Higher education is a for-profit industry, even the public universities. I'm not saying the consumer doesn't ever get anything out of it, just that it's a seller's market.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No doubt, but since around half of people who pay for some college don't end up ever graduating, I'd call it a waste for most.

Higher education is a for-profit industry, even the public universities. I'm not saying the consumer doesn't ever get anything out of it, just that it's a seller's market.

This is why you have to be a smart educational consumer.

Go to a local community college for the first two years and then transfer everything to a state school. Make sure that you are enrolled in a marketable degree program. Start paying back your loans as soon as the 6 month grace period expires.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
This is why you have to be a smart educational consumer.

Go to a local community college for the first two years and then transfer everything to a state school. Make sure that you are enrolled in a marketable degree program. Start paying back your loans as soon as the 6 month grace period expires.
And then learn how to properly say "Would You Like Fries with that ?" You are so full of BS