Drivers really get tips?

rod

Retired 22 years
1670631507123.png

This was about the extent of my Christmas tips. VERY disappointing. :-)

rod

Retired 22 years
I tip 15% to 20%-----depends on the service I get. Some servers are lucky to get a shinney quarter. In the early years my wife waited tables at a fancier bar. She always said school teachers were the worst tippers.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I told you so.

who in the hell tips 50%?
Those Swedes, Norwegians must be cheap as hell folk. Break open that wallet.

The trash collector on my route hauls in 20k a year in tips! He does 1000's of homes each week and it adds up. Don't tip and extra you have some weeks might sit there. Like taking care of your UPS driver, it's insurance, lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
Those Swedes, Norwegians must be cheap as hell folk. Break open that wallet.

The trash collector on my route hauls in 20k a year in tips! He does 1000's of homes each week and it adds up. Don't tip and extra you have some weeks might sit there. Like taking care of your UPS driver, it's insurance, lol.
You actually tip a garbageman? Around here they make a GOOD living---just like a UPS driver. I only tip certain people and if you are raking in 80k -100k a year you ain't getting any of my pension check. The times I have visited the east coast I did notice that everybody and their brother had their hand out for a tip. I found it quite aggravating.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Even my little town has at least a half dozen different trash companies---all fighting for new business. :-)
Most municipalities here pick up the trash. The driver tends to take care of certain customers more than others. That big couch, dishwasher, drywall, etc, you are tossing might accidentally find its way into the garbage truck. Otherwise you pay to have it removed.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most municipalities here pick up the trash. The driver tends to take care of certain customers more than others. That big couch, dishwasher, drywall, etc, you are tossing might accidentally find its way into the garbage truck. Otherwise you pay to have it removed.
Anything too big for the trash can gets burned in the firepit---we always have a big bonfire on St Patricks day.