Drivers really get tips?

Discussion in 'Lighten UPS' started by LoveUPS, Aug 10, 2019.

1. LoveUPS

LoveUPS New Member

How often does this happen?

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Almost every stop.

3. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Sometimes they get the shaft.

4. Sometimes we give the Tip....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

In feeders I got a tip from the tollbooth women.

6. rod

rod retired and happy

I think its more of a greety Eastern thing. EVERYONE has their hand out there. About the only time you might get a tip around here was when UPS took cash for COD's and you didn't have the correct change. (and at Christmas you might get a few bucks or a bottle of booze.

7. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

I'm getting tips all year long... maybe because customers know I'm not hourly & I deliver the purple promise for my FXG middlemen :p

Sometimes, I'll put it towards the lottery instead of buying drinks/ snacks with it.

8. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

I made about $800 last peak from my wholesale stops. There’s guys making 2k with heavy mom and pop wholesale.

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If you were a talker you got tips. I was a worker.

10. Sometimes folks offer me a Dasani instead of Crystal Geyser.

11. CoffeeStainedUniform

CoffeeStainedUniform Active Member

I usually turn down the tips. It's rare, only a couple times/year. I get fat on snacks during christmas time, though. Spiral hams/gift certificates/gift baskets are not too uncommon then either.

12. Poop Head

Poop Head Troll

Dont turn down tips. Its rude.
    Had a banker guy that would give me 20 bucks EVERY time he saw me. 5 days a week sometimes. After a few months of this, I kinda made a scene and denied the tip, doing like a juke move, and saying "I make enough money, yada yada". He used to be real nice to me, money aside. From then on never says anything, just a head nod. I thought about it some, and he musta been doing that to show off for the teller girls.
    Anyways, moral of the story, don't deny the tip.

13. Casca

Casca Member

Look sharp...Dont get cut

14. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Don't eat yellow snow.

15. Lt. Senpai

Lt. Senpai Swing Driver

One year during peak season I was a helper and my driver and I brought a big package inside the customer's house. He then tipped us both $10 but my driver refused so i pocketed the rest.