Drivers really get tips?

rod

Retired 22 years
I think its more of a greety Eastern thing. EVERYONE has their hand out there. About the only time you might get a tip around here was when UPS took cash for COD's and you didn't have the correct change. (and at Christmas you might get a few bucks or a bottle of booze.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm getting tips all year long... maybe because customers know I'm not hourly & I deliver the purple promise for my FXG middlemen :p

Sometimes, I'll put it towards the lottery instead of buying drinks/ snacks with it.

CoffeeStainedUniform

I usually turn down the tips. It's rare, only a couple times/year. I get fat on snacks during christmas time, though. Spiral hams/gift certificates/gift baskets are not too uncommon then either.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I usually turn down the tips. It's rare, only a couple times/year. I get fat on snacks during christmas time, though. Spiral hams/gift certificates/gift baskets are not too uncommon then either.
Dont turn down tips. Its rude.
Had a banker guy that would give me 20 bucks EVERY time he saw me. 5 days a week sometimes. After a few months of this, I kinda made a scene and denied the tip, doing like a juke move, and saying "I make enough money, yada yada". He used to be real nice to me, money aside. From then on never says anything, just a head nod. I thought about it some, and he musta been doing that to show off for the teller girls.
Anyways, moral of the story, don't deny the tip.

Lt. Senpai

Swing Driver
One year during peak season I was a helper and my driver and I brought a big package inside the customer's house. He then tipped us both $10 but my driver refused so i pocketed the rest.

Lord Helmet

Senior living centers are big on tips in my area. They're happy to avoid the walk down to the mail room, and it's always an issue if I try to not take the tip.