Drivers Should be Allowed to Carry Guns

a911scanner

...nor should it....
Red X.jpg

Justaloader

Idk man. We have way too many drivers with anger management issues. Some of these guys flip their :censored2: over the littlest things. I don't think giving them guns is going to help

Lol we already give them vehicles capable of killing anyone on a sidewalk that they feel should double as a passing lane.....would it really make a difference?

Faceplanted

Idk man. We have way too many drivers with anger management issues. Some of these guys flip their :censored2: over the littlest things. I don't think giving them guns is going to help
Imagine the absolute destruction of a percentage of your coworkers getting into their car after work with a gun inside.... omg!!!!

Bedside this happens every single day in most states and nobody gets hurt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Buncha paranoid sheep. You gonna put a holster next to your DIAD pouch because it makes you feel safer????? I’m sure that would make customers feel super comfortable with you. Good lord. Just stay home all day everyday if you’re afraid to get shot. Running around in fear of your own life is no way to live.
Which is exactly why everyone should be allowed to carry.

Brownslave688

Lol If you think the police are some type of marksman.

Highly trained...hahahahahahahahahahah

nobody is forcing anybody to carry. If you want to, than you should be able to. As long as you are following local and federal law.

with your mindset the police should be the only ones legally allowed to he armed.... how did that work yesterday?
I mean there should at least be some middle ground. We technically are not allowed to even carry mace. That’s just dumb to let your employees spend so much time on their own with now way to protect themselves.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Is it fear, or is it merely a step towards being prepared?
Its “preparing” out of fear. Too much news is bad for you. Feel terrible for our brown brothers family. Horrible way for a hard working young guy to go. I just refuse to believe that more people armed is a solution. We don’t need any more Americans running around with guns waiting for somebody to shoot them. We are too stupid.

Air Recovery

Driving in central Florida with how desperate most people live day to day it should be mandatory every one carry’s. It’s Florida every one is strap anyways. With thousands of dollars of merchandise in the back we are always a target. Or driving with are doors open anyone can walk right up to us. I don’t know if the outcome would of been different but at least give our brother a chance to make it home if he had a way to protect him self. I doubt they will pcm anything this morning. Let’s all take a minute of silence at are pcm for our brother.

My center had a moment of silence. All 160 drivers stopped and were dead quiet. Even the ones who are usually :censored2: talking and clowning in the back.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lmfao. Some of you people. Nobody is saying anything about wanting drivers to carry guns or giving drivers guns. Where the hell are you pulling this from? All this is about is lifting a prohibiting policy and allowing those who wish to carry do so without fear of termination for discovery of the weapon.

Outside of UPS in the real world, nobody is giving everyone guns and causing simple disputes to break out into the O.K. Corral. People who chose to carry do, and people who don't, don't. How would mirroring this in UPS have any different of an outcome? What makes you think people who don't carry anyway are going to just because UPS allows it? I don't understand your logic. And do you think I'm the only UPSer to not give two sh*s about company policy and carry anyway? Don't be naive. I don't see "hundreds of gun related incidents weekly".

Ghost in the Darkness

I would conceal carry at work if I felt i worked in an area that i needed to.... I don't though but can understand those who do. Its not like you are waving it around, if handled properly the only way anyone knows is if you had to use it.... in which case your life or your job is a pretty easy choice.

Returntosender

I’m sure this is controversial af, but between what happened in San Francisco, the driver being kidnapped last year, the incident in Florida, and the three holdups in San Jose, it has become increasingly evident that the company neither has the intention nor the ability to ensure our safety on the streets.

I am of the opinion that drivers with the proper certifications, and/or veterans, should be allowed to conceal carry a weapon on them. Before this, however, there are prerequisites:

1) Must have CCW license (in state’s where applicable)
2) A UPS weapons safety certification class be created and attended by the applicant
3) Provide a weapons lockup at the front when you walk in for the following purposes:
A) store your weapon while in the building
B) collect the weapon when leaving for route
C) storing weapon upon return to building
D) collecting when you leave for the day.

Today’s events in Florida are just the latest case of a driver’s inability to defend himself in the fade of an armed enemy. Something certainly has to give.
Never gonna happen 90% of Drivers furious at management everyday. Management give them a gun to use on them. No happening

Brownslave688

Lmfao. Some of you people. Nobody is saying anything about wanting drivers to carry guns or giving drivers guns. Where the hell are you pulling this from? All this is about is lifting a prohibiting policy and allowing those who wish to carry do so without fear of termination for discovery of the weapon.

Outside of UPS in the real world, nobody is giving everyone guns and causing simple disputes to break out into the O.K. Corral. People who chose to carry do, and people who don't, don't. How would mirroring this in UPS have any different of an outcome? What makes you think people who don't carry anyway are going to just because UPS allows it? I don't understand your logic. And do you think I'm the only UPSer to not give two sh*s about company policy and carry anyway? Don't be naive. I don't see "hundreds of gun related incidents weekly".
hur dur guns are scary.

bout sums it up

Faceplanted

Would you be OK with your mailman packing heat?
People pack heat all around me. As long as they passed their background and got a ccw I’m more comfortable actually. Lots of stories in my state about Good Samaritan ccw holders stopping robberies or violence.

your from one of the most kuked state’s so you wouldn’t understand person freedoms and being able to protect your self and your property.

Last edited:

Faceplanted

How many stories of them having their own weapons used against them?
How many stories of violence being stopped that are not reported because... no violence. I had to brandish on somebody at a gas station in a bad neighborhood late night. You won’t hear about how me simply showing my waste band got 2 guys who I felt were attempting to try something to leave me alone after repeatedly telling them to leave me alone and back up. Stuff like that doesn’t get reported to the police.

watdaflock?

I’m sure this is controversial af, but between what happened in San Francisco, the driver being kidnapped last year, the incident in Florida, and the three holdups in San Jose, it has become increasingly evident that the company neither has the intention nor the ability to ensure our safety on the streets.

I am of the opinion that drivers with the proper certifications, and/or veterans, should be allowed to conceal carry a weapon on them. Before this, however, there are prerequisites:

1) Must have CCW license (in state’s where applicable)
2) A UPS weapons safety certification class be created and attended by the applicant
3) Provide a weapons lockup at the front when you walk in for the following purposes:
A) store your weapon while in the building
B) collect the weapon when leaving for route
C) storing weapon upon return to building
D) collecting when you leave for the day.

Today’s events in Florida are just the latest case of a driver’s inability to defend himself in the fade of an armed enemy. Something certainly has to give.
Who's paying for the CCW? Our union?