Drivers Should be Allowed to Carry Guns

GiJim

that statement holds true for every single company that has employees working in a public setting or hell for that matter in a private office setting as well. as long as there are guns there is no real protection from guns. i mean look at this florida situation that involved HIGHLY TRAINED people with guns. they had a wild west shootout in rush hour traffic. now think about letting 10 or 20 or 30 thousand truck drivers tool around strapped with zero training cept for some safety course and range practice and tell me you dont think there would be hundreds of gun related incidents weekly. now have all the other companies that have public employees arm themselves. jeez man you'd be defending yourself from the fed ex driver shooting at you so he can back in the loading dock first.

30,000 armed truck drivers. That's interesting. Given there are 10's of millions of armed law-abiding citizens on the road at this moment would not suggest even 50,000 armed truck drivers would present any hazard to public safety.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
30,000 armed truck drivers. That's interesting. Given there are 10's of millions of armed law-abiding citizens on the road at this moment would not suggest even 50,000 armed truck drivers would present any hazard to public safety.
10's of millions you say?

GiJim

Also to add, as a ups driver, if you currently live in a state with ccw laws. On an average day you provably have 50-100 people within a 50 foot radius of you armed per day. People who have ccws don’t just run around shooting people contrary to popular beliefs. I’m fairly certain I’ve read statistics where shootings where a ccw holders is involved, there is a less or a chance of an innocent person getting shot compared to police officer. I’ll look for the statistics later.
Exactly. Many think the only people walking around with guns are the ones open carrying and obviously displaying it to the public. Of course no one is uncomfortable about people carrying concealed because that's the point. People don't know you have it. Like you said, many anti-gunners encounter armed concealed carriers every single day of their lives and don't even know it. What they refuse to accept is they are actually safer because of it. Statistically speaking, your chances of being shot by an armed law-abiding citizen is nearly 0%.

GiJim

These old guys at work can barely handle a DIAD and you want them to carry and be ready to fire a weapon !
No wants anyone to carry anything. We only want the right to exercise our right and only for those who want to. Do you really think we are suggesting that every single deliver driver be armed? It's not for everyone. That goes without saying.

GiJim

that statement holds true for every single company that has employees working in a public setting or hell for that matter in a private office setting as well. as long as there are guns there is no real protection from guns. i mean look at this florida situation that involved HIGHLY TRAINED people with guns. they had a wild west shootout in rush hour traffic. now think about letting 10 or 20 or 30 thousand truck drivers tool around strapped with zero training cept for some safety course and range practice and tell me you dont think there would be hundreds of gun related incidents weekly. now have all the other companies that have public employees arm themselves. jeez man you'd be defending yourself from the fed ex driver shooting at you so he can back in the loading dock first.
Do you really think if a FedEx driver was granted the choice to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights on job that they would be shooting people left & right? You obviously are not aware of statistics and not aware of how many people are (legally) armed in the public at any givem momeny. Based on your logic, there should be a million shootings everyday.

GiJim

Never gonna happen 90% of Drivers furious at management everyday. Management give them a gun to use on them. No happening
If you truly believe that the relationship between management is bad enough to make employees show up with their legally owned firearms and engage in violence then why hasn't it happened with a knife or a bat or any other weapon?

Does the gun somehow promote the idea?

Trying to understand your logic.

GiJim

Its “preparing” out of fear. Too much news is bad for you. Feel terrible for our brown brothers family. Horrible way for a hard working young guy to go. I just refuse to believe that more people armed is a solution. We don’t need any more Americans running around with guns waiting for somebody to shoot them. We are too stupid.
I like this idea, instead of filing grievances we can settle it with a duel in the parking lot after work.
If someone is dumb enough to want to shoot a person in their workplace, they are going to attempt it whether their employer allows them to have a firearm or not.

GiJim

Concealing a firearm would be a pain in the ass during summer time. You’d have to open carry.
I have carried for 12 summers so far in my life. I do disagree with you. Having the right tools for any purpose is key. There are comfortable ways to carry in the heat that don't involve open carry.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I’m sure this is controversial af, but between what happened in San Francisco, the driver being kidnapped last year, the incident in Florida, and the three holdups in San Jose, it has become increasingly evident that the company neither has the intention nor the ability to ensure our safety on the streets.

I am of the opinion that drivers with the proper certifications, and/or veterans, should be allowed to conceal carry a weapon on them. Before this, however, there are prerequisites:

1) Must have CCW license (in state’s where applicable)
2) A UPS weapons safety certification class be created and attended by the applicant
3) Provide a weapons lockup at the front when you walk in for the following purposes:
A) store your weapon while in the building
B) collect the weapon when leaving for route
C) storing weapon upon return to building
D) collecting when you leave for the day.

Today’s events in Florida are just the latest case of a driver’s inability to defend himself in the fade of an armed enemy. Something certainly has to give.
Bear Spray & Extremely Loud Panic Button Car Alarms (maybe one on the backside of the dash) should be provided.

Might not save your life but at least should help in the investigation after you're assaulted.

Guns would create errors even under rigorous training. Plus, who knows... driver might "bust a cap" on an OCS in a heated exchange.

Bear/Cougar Spray.... absolutely! Panic Alarms with lights flashing... perhaps.

In Kansas your idea sounds outlandish, but I hear ya.... 9pm in Emeryville, California. That's spooky chit mon.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
I usually carry pepper spray....what about some form of a razor tho? Cant carry fire arm in my state unfortunately. Makes going to the range a gamble at times.

freehoodies

There are literally millions of people carrying guns everyday. How would letting them continue carrying while they are at work suddenly cause them to go blooddrunk and trigger happy?