Drivers Should be Allowed to Carry Guns

Johney

How many stories of violence being stopped that are not reported because... no violence. I had to brandish on somebody at a gas station in a bad neighborhood late night. You won’t hear about how me simply showing my waste band got 2 guys who I felt were attempting to try something to leave me alone after repeatedly telling them to leave me alone and back up. Stuff like that doesn’t get reported to the police.
Isn’t that considered unlawful display of a weapon?

Faceplanted

Isn’t that considered unlawful display of a weapon?
Yes it is and it’s a serious crime in my state. I was driving a flashy car at the time and had a nice watch on ect, 2/3am after the nightclubs let out. I been around thugs enough to know when they are trying you. My youth was spent around shady characters. That’s exactly how I felt this day, they literally wouldn’t let me get in my car.

Ghost in the Darkness

I love the 1911 style handguns.... so Kimber Micro 9 is my first choice for cc especially in the summer. Fits in the pocket of my cargo shorts. I have larger handguns but in turn they are harder to conceal and be comfortable at the same time.
Kimber Ultra Carry II is my cc when I want to take along the power of a 45 in a smaller handgun.

Indecisi0n

Its “preparing” out of fear. Too much news is bad for you. Feel terrible for our brown brothers family. Horrible way for a hard working young guy to go. I just refuse to believe that more people armed is a solution. We don’t need any more Americans running around with guns waiting for somebody to shoot them. We are too stupid.
We need to arm teachers next . Because I am sure my art teacher is an excellent shooter .

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
People who don't already carry a gun and/or have a CCW aren't suddenly going to decide they need to get one simply because UPS doesn't have a policy against it.

UpsYours

I agree with conceal carry .There would need to be proper training in use of the weapon to allow us to carry while in the UPS uniform .Same as an armor car driver.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m sure this is controversial af, but between what happened in San Francisco, the driver being kidnapped last year, the incident in Florida, and the three holdups in San Jose, it has become increasingly evident that the company neither has the intention nor the ability to ensure our safety on the streets.

I am of the opinion that drivers with the proper certifications, and/or veterans, should be allowed to conceal carry a weapon on them. Before this, however, there are prerequisites:

1) Must have CCW license (in state’s where applicable)
2) A UPS weapons safety certification class be created and attended by the applicant
3) Provide a weapons lockup at the front when you walk in for the following purposes:
A) store your weapon while in the building
B) collect the weapon when leaving for route
C) storing weapon upon return to building
D) collecting when you leave for the day.

Today’s events in Florida are just the latest case of a driver’s inability to defend himself in the fade of an armed enemy. Something certainly has to give.
Too much liability to the company. It’s easy for the government to just pass laws in favor of themselves and control the investigations into their shootings.

A lot of the businesses that allow their employees to have fire arms like gas stations and jewelry store are also stationary and full of cameras to help the investigations go in their favor. We would need body cameras just to litigate some of the shootings.

There is also a reason why it’s called “Going Postal”, having a delivery company full of armed employees at this point is a non-starter just from past shootings in post offices.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt