Drivers wear uniforms to the jobs and locker rooms.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why do drivers wear their uniforms to the jobs, I thought that they are supposed to get change before they begin their shifts and when they finishe their shifts. I always believe that drivers weren't allowed to wear their uniforms to and from their jobs.

Also, if drivers change there, do they have showers there for drivers to take.

Your not by chance my old center manager are you? He used to set in the dressing room every morning and watch all the guys change clothes. He never did get it through his thick skull that his behavior was on the gay side of creepy.

satellitedriver

I always wear my full uniform to and from work.
When the cop pulls you over, they see the uniform, and they let you off with just a warning ticket.
(Not that this has ever happened to me.)

satellitedriver

That only worked when I was in the military
It has worked for me three times.
The funny one was when I was pulled over and stepped out of my personal truck as the officer was walking up. He stopped walking towards me and apologized for pulling me over.
I asked him, "Do you want to see my license?" and he said,"I guess I should look at it."
It was a classic "profile stop".
When, I "politely" asked him why I was pulled over. His response was, "I couldn't tell if you were wearing a seatbelt, but I know you guys always do."
I do not care how it works.
I am just glad it does.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In New England many years ago the question came up " will the drivers be paid for the time it takes to change uniforms ? " When UPS said no, our local president declared that all drivers would be allowed to change at home.

bigbrownman

Brown on Brown
My friend,you have some serious issues.
I thought I remembered your name,clicked on it and then view all posts by subways.You seem to be fascinated with locker and shower rooms,uniforms,underwear,and ups socks.
I dont think you are like the rest of us.

I thought your post was funny, then for kicks and giggles I checked all posts by "subways", Kinda scarey:surprised:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When the cop pulls you over, they see the uniform, and they let you off with just a warning ticket.
Worked for mew a few months back:happy2:
Im also sure my charm had a lot to do with it..

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have always wondered if it would be the uniform that gets you out of a ticket or the fact that most cops are union just like most of us are.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Your not by chance my old center manager are you? He used to set in the dressing room every morning and watch all the guys change clothes. He never did get it through his thick skull that his behavior was on the gay side of creepy.
was he a former priest??

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
in 20 yrs i have always worn browns to and from work,and a few wakes cuz we get out so late. keep old pairs of pants to work around the house!!!

Just don't ever try it when you have your day in court. You may or may not win your case but you will lose your job. Someone in the building I used to work at wore his uniform to court thinking it would help. I don't know if it helped his case but it sure didn't help his job. He was promptly fired.