drivers, what boots do you wear, recommend?

JackStraw

Nothing but timberland here. About $80 at Dicks but well worth it. And they are waterproof too. Nothing sucks more than a 10 hr day with wet socks an hour in.

pensfan

I have been through several brands. Timberlands and even the Timberland Pros never held up long enough for me. I'm currently wearing Rockports. So far they are the most comfortable and have held up the longest for me. Thinking about trying a pair of the Dr Martens industrials next.

ibleedbrown

thanks for all the advice guys. i like the nike acg's and the timberland pros, they sound decent. some of the other boots mentioned look too bulky and heavy. for summer i wouldn't mind some reebok classics mid top soft leather.

bumped

thanks for all the advice guys. i like the nike acg's and the timberland pros, they sound decent. some of the other boots mentioned look too bulky and heavy. for summer i wouldn't mind some reebok classics mid top soft leather.

I would recommend buying many of the same shoes after you have worn them and like them. For example, the New Balance shoes are made in a different country now than was a few years ago. Todays are more cheaply made and don't hold up as well.

1pocket73

I just got some nice Timberlands.Shopped around a bit and found these at Dicks Sporting Goods.They were a bit pricey but I have learned that when it comes to my feet,I am spending the money! I like them because they are very supportive and at the same time just as comfortable and light as a tennis shoe.

Pics?
These were about $85 at Dicks......
2013-03-23_20-27-35_333.jpg

Boxjockey82

I have been through several brands. Timberlands and even the Timberland Pros never held up long enough for me. I'm currently wearing Rockports. So far they are the most comfortable and have held up the longest for me. Thinking about trying a pair of the Dr Martens industrials next.

I've been wearing the Rockport XCS's since I've started. I figured since they make comfortable shoes for old people their boots should be comfortable too. I was right and they're only $80-90 depending on where you find em.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Most drivers here wear walking shoes. Low tops, and I bet they arnt slips. I also see a lack of high tops as well. You should ask around your work place with other drivers to see whats best.

I like anything steel toed with low tops. Makes walking very easy.

Edit: bramha shoes will cost you 25-30$ a pair.

Polo, Dover 3. I bought a pair six months ago, and they still are holding up nicely. They are the most comfortable work shoes I've ever had. I bought a second pair to wear when not working. I waterproof them with the spray on topical agents that can be bought just about anywhere, and when it is an all day, non stop rain, I wear rubber overshoes. They fit right over the Polos and my feet are bone dry after a twelve hour day. The overshoes were 13 dollars at Sportsmen's Guide. I've had these overshoes for about 3 years now and they are still good.

article22

Banned
Nike goadome boots.... A little pricey but well worth it!! Currently they are on sale at footlocker for 129.99 (reg price 160) if u have military id u can save another 20% !!! The best $$$ i ever spent!!! Youll thank me later

Cementups

Box Monkey
yes i tried that, the thread that popped up was from 2010. i would think some better boots have come out since then. unless you're wearing the same boots from 3 years ago.

Yes, because even though we as humans have been wearing some sort of shoe since 1200 BC (or maybe even earlier), the last 3 years of footwear technological advancements have been INCREDIBLE!!!!!! *this is the part where I roll my eyes*

ibleedbrown

Yes, because even though we as humans have been wearing some sort of shoe since 1200 BC (or maybe even earlier), the last 3 years of footwear technological advancements have been INCREDIBLE!!!!!! *this is the part where I roll my eyes*

it has been noted on here more than once that the same shoes that were made 3 years ago are now made in china and are not as good of quality so yeah things change, apparently sometimes for the worse.

again thanks to all the people that have answered my questions and given feedback.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would recommend buying many of the same shoes after you have worn them and like them. For example, the New Balance shoes are made in a different country now than was a few years ago. Todays are more cheaply made and don't hold up as well.

I wear New Balance 608's and used to get two years out of a pair---now I am lucky to get one.