Drivers: who else is permanently coded 05 (pay actual)?

Whither

Scofflaw
RPCD here in the Central Region. The company has been coding us 05 -- and has removed the ability to edit our paycodes -- since June. Some of us, including yours truly, have been grieving it every time we punch out with less than 8 hours. Maybe twice a month in my case.

Recently the company deadlocked our grieves at panel, refusing both to pay the remainder of guarantees and to quit committing wage theft and time card fraud. It's a clear violation of Article 12.7 (Central).

I'm curious if this going on across the country, so please reply and let us know what supplement you're working under. I've spoken with Dennis Roberts, the Central Region director, about it. He confirmed this is going on elsewhere in the Central. He also considers it wage theft and a strikeable issue -- though not until Article 5 (Central) procedures are fulfilled. Realistically that might stretch on to August 1, 2023 ... once again, the grievance procedure is broken.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Yup, same here at the 355. The best part is that supervisors are telling us we MUST call them and request 8 hours of work if we're dispatched under for some reason otherwise we must take an 05. It's not a problem on my route but there are definitely some other drivers who are unhappy about it.

Whither

Scofflaw
Yup, same here at the 355. The best part is that supervisors are telling us we MUST call them and request 8 hours of work if we're dispatched under for some reason otherwise we must take an 05. It's not a problem on my route but there are definitely some other drivers who are unhappy about it.
Yeah mgmt sends us a similar message every day.

Do you know if people have been grieving it? What have your stews and BA said about the issue?

RPCD here in the Central Region. The company has been coding us 05 -- and has removed the ability to edit our paycodes -- since June. Some of us, including yours truly, have been grieving it every time we punch out with less than 8 hours. Maybe twice a month in my case.

Recently the company deadlocked our grieves at panel, refusing both to pay the remainder of guarantees and to quit committing wage theft and time card fraud. It's a clear violation of Article 12.7 (Central).

I'm curious if this going on across the country, so please reply and let us know what supplement you're working under. I've spoken with Dennis Roberts, the Central Region director, about it. He confirmed this is going on elsewhere in the Central. He also considers it wage theft and a strikeable issue -- though not until Article 5 (Central) procedures are fulfilled. Realistically that might stretch on to August 1, 2023 ... once again, the grievance procedure is broken.
Do not punch out before 8 hours
Problem solved

Whither

Scofflaw
If you finish early you need to ask if they have anything else for you to do. If they say no you can still get paid for your 8. Don't act like its your right to run all day and get to go home early.
1. The company has fraudulently altered our time cards. This is a crime.
2. The Central Region director considers the company's practice wage theft.
3. I don't and never have run. Your allegation is a baseless attempt to discredit the union argument and side with the company.
4. It is not our responsibility to ask for extra work. I don't want to hear a word re: "give and take" when the Teamsters have been giving and giving and giving for decades and the company's been taking it to the bank.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

75899447-1429-4EA6-A212-0BBC70C32740.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
1. The company has fraudulently altered our time cards. This is a crime.
2. The Central Region director considers the company's practice wage theft.
3. I don't and never have run. Your allegation is a baseless attempt to discredit the union argument and side with the company.
4. It is not our responsibility to ask for extra work. I don't want to hear a word re: "give and take" when the Teamsters have been giving and giving and giving for decades and the company's been taking it to the bank.
For most drivers over 9.5 is a serious issue. Under 8? Not so much.

Unless you think you deserve to get off very early every day. You will always get paid at least for the hours you actually work.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
all I know is one time a few months ago I was forced to punch out, was told anything i did (including sitting in the office) was not allowed and then threatened with failure to follow instructions. And that got deadlocked because the relatively new BA was scared about a grievance with a harassment clause in it from someone who did not want to physically represent themselves at local hearing for something that is decidedly open-and-shut.

Whither

Scofflaw
all I know is one time a few months ago I was forced to punch out, was told anything i did (including sitting in the office) was not allowed and then threatened with failure to follow instructions. And that got deadlocked because the relatively new BA was scared about a grievance with a harassment clause in it from someone who did not want to physically represent themselves at local hearing for something that is decidedly open-and-shut.
What? That's a baffling story. Are you saying you didn't go to locals?

Whither

Scofflaw
I wonder how many other Union companies have a problem with employees wanting to be paid for 8 hours while working less?
Screenshot_20221021-160423_UPS Teamsters.jpg

I wonder how many Teamsters have a problem w the company violating the contract. We can break the guarantee; the company may not preemptively code us 05. Here we always used to get our guarantee if we worked 7.5 hrs.

Brownwind

Call to request eight hours seems odd. I have only 56 1/2 hours this week. I’m doing well just to get in under ten.
If you get in under eight doesn’t it interfere with insurance and pension credits?